X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SadSACD
    • Dec 2009

Help a rookie?????

Sorry but this is the first thread I have ever typed anywhere, I'm hoping that someone out here can help me with a question. I was not sure if this was more of a home theater question but I thought that the people in this forum would be the experts on this one...I have recently purchased a Rotel 1560, my first venture into Rotel and am wondering when I upgrade my Bluray if I should go with the Oppo 83 or the Oppo 83 SE? The salesperson that sold me the Rotel is a little too much of an enthusiast to get the answer to this question but I'm not sure if I should buy the normal 83 and connect via 1.3a or purchase the 83SE and connect via analog cables? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

The only difference between the 83 and the 83SE are the audio DACs. If your Rotel decodes all the lossless audio formats, just get the 83 and use the HDMI. The 83SE is more for those who can only use the analog audio outs because their receiver doesn't support HDMI audio.

P.S. I just looked up the RSX-1560, that looks like a really nice receiver. :T Get the '83 and use HDMI, you should be happy with the sound.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Yes Oppo told me unless you plan to use analogue don't bother with the SE :B

Great company they are not interested in ripping people off!!
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SadSACD
        • Dec 2009

Thank you very much

LOL the end of your E-Mail was great. I very much appretiate the help, my Rotel is from NH as well. I guess both Audio experts and expert audio products all come from NH. Thanks again.

Comment

• SadSACD
          • Dec 2009

Oppo

Oppo is a great company from everything that I have read. Thank you both.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"