X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

New AV firm!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this company, in particular with the quality and the amps

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Z Man
    • Jan 2008

I've never heard of them, but their amps look most impressive. For a monoblock amp with that much rated RMS power at that price is pretty amazing. The fit and finish quality, fully balanced design, high power output, reasonable price, and a 10 year warranty, makes these amps a serious choice for anyone looking for new amps. Thanks for sharing that.
    My Martin Logan Theater
    My DVD Collection
    My CD Collection

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

You are welcome, I understand it is a very small company ie one person!
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I would bet money they use the coldamp modules.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

The use Bang & Olufsen's patented analog ICEpower amplification in their new Ice Blocks™

Comment

• Z Man
            • Jan 2008

Darn, if I didn't already have my two 5 channel amps, I would definitely order a pair of their 1,000 watt models. I wonder how good they sound?
            My Martin Logan Theater
            My DVD Collection
            My CD Collection

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

That is what I would like to know!

Comment

• littlesaint
                • Jul 2007

Don't really care for class D stuff. I've heard amps based on ICEpower, and I built a Hypex module amp. Haven't heard any coldamp modules though. I do like them for high power applications like a sub, but they just don't sound right to me for music listening. HT might be OK though. Just my opinion. They do look well built.
                Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Yes I tried Rotel and was not that impressed either Classé sounded much better.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Well Rotel and Classe are not Class D amps. I think both use only class A/B at the moment.

Comment

• cug
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dougie085
                      Well Rotel and Classe are not Class D amps. I think both use only class A/B at the moment.
                      Classé uses class A/B, Rotel's new amplifiers are all ICEPower modules (RB-1072/1085/1076/1066/1091/1092).

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Yes that is correct.

Classé amplifier delivering 100W into an 8 load will be operating at about 30W Class A, eliminating any effect of switching distortion normally associated with a Class A/B design. http://www.classeaudio.com/delta/amps-intro.htm

Rotel Class D amplifiers
                        Rotel manufactures high end consumer electronics for stereo, home theater and whole house audio systems.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"