X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwspeak
    • Jan 2007

SIRIUS RADIO W/ Digital Coax output

I just purchased a Moon Supernova CD player that has a digital input and I am thinking about making use of it. Do any of you know of/use a SIRIUS radio that has a coax digital output. If so what are your thoughts on it?
    Thanks
  • kwojciec
    • Jan 2005

Hi

I used to have High-Def Dish network which included musical channels from Sirius. I ran the sound from the toslink output of satellite receiver to my
    DAC (Dodson 217). The sound was really very, very good

best

Krzysztof

Comment

• bwspeak
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for the info, unfortantly it seems that most of the digital outputs on the "mainstream" stuff seem to be toslink. The moon only allows axcess to it's internal dac's via coax. But it is good to know that good sound can be obtained from satalite radio. That is what I'm hoping for as a secondary source.

I think rotel just released a satalite radio w/ a coax output, but i heard it is just for the HD radio section. Anyone have any experence with that tuner.

thanks again

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Correct, the digital outputs are for HD radio only. The analog must be used for regular FM and Sirius. I've got the RT-1084, but haven't purchased a sirius module yet.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vince Helm
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bwspeak
          But it is good to know that good sound can be obtained from satalite radio. That is what I'm hoping for as a secondary source.
          For what it is worth... I am using a musical fidelity dac/tube buffer/power supply with my polk audio xrt12 xm radio via a stereovox digital cable. I was hoping for better sound quality and that did not happen. At the time the polk unit was the only "affordable" piece ($279) with a coax digital output, so I went with xm and polk. The compression from xm is so bad that it drives me nuts... not at all a quality, second source. All I can do is use it as back ground music. I hope you have better luck with sirius!

Kind regards
          Vince

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

How about the Sirius (Audiovox) branded home unit with this:

Optical to Coaxial Converter

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"