Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David_D
    • Feb 2008

Show us your speaker finishes

Chuck (Impala454) made a suggestion to build a thread based on peoples' finishes. So, one could look at pics and make some educated judgment on possible finishes. Lets post some pics, and try to keep the discussion down as none of us want to hunt through 6 pages of chit chat for that one awesome pic

Here's mine:
    Statement Center Channel:
    Flat Cut Cherry Paperback veneer
    Ironed on using Heat-Lok
    No Stain
    3 coats of High Gloss poly brushed on
    2 coats of Satin Poly sprayed on

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCC1.JPG
Views:	17274
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	869330

Name:	SCC2.JPG
Views:	14462
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	869331

15" Sub
    Flat Cut Oak Veneered Plywood w/ solid quarter rounds
    No Stain
    10 coats of High Gloss poly brushed on
    6 coats of Satin Poly brushed on
    Inset Tiled Top

Click image for larger version  Name:	15in Sub.JPG Views:	13230 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	869332
    Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:01 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
    -David

As we try and consider
    We receive all we venture to give
  • Bill Schneider
    • Sep 2007

Name:	nc_finished-a-024.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	942693

Cabinet:
    paper-backed maple veneer, ironed-on using Titebond woodglue with these steps:
    veneering, loudspeakers, DIY, iron-on veneer, williamrschneider

General Finishes oil-based pre-stain conditioner
    General Finishes "Honey" stain
    Minwax semi-gloss Polyurethane brushed-on, 5 coats

Baffle:
    Zinsser Bull's Eye Seal Coat sanding sealer on MDF, 2 applications with sanding
    Rustoleum sandable auto primer rattle-can (more sanding until very smooth) & repeat
    Krylon Semi-flat black (rattle-can)
    Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:27 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
    My audio projects:
    http://www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

• Bill Schneider
      • Sep 2007

Name:	p+_cameo1_sml.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	942690

Name:	pluto_done-1-sml.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	942691

Name:	p+_cameo_cu2_sml.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	942692

PVC Pipes:
      Roughed-up with sandpaper
      Zinsser B-I-N shellac-based primer, brushed on
      Valspar "Ancient Stone" (Lowe's) interior flat latex, brushed on
      Valspar Lime Wash, brushed on in crosshatch pattern
      Valspar Latex Clear Glaze for extra protection, brushed on

Black components:
      Zinsser Bull's Eye Seal Coat sanding sealer, 2 coats brushed on, sanded smooth
      Rustoleum sandable auto primer rattle can (several coats, sanded until very smooth
      Krylon Semi-Flat Black rattle can, 2 coats

Poplar wood components:
      Minwax Polyurethane, 3-coats wiped-on
      Minwax "Gunstock" stain over poly
      Minwax Polyurethane, 3 more coats, wiped on
      (It's an odd way to do it, and the stain over the poly behaves strangely, but it gives the color I wanted without emphasizing the grain)
      Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:24 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
      My audio projects:
      http://www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

• David_D
        • Feb 2008

Now that's pretty cool! :T
        -David

As we try and consider

Comment

• Undefinition
          • Dec 2006

Great thread!

Finishing is not my strongest suit, so I'm always looking for a finish that doesn't require too much extra time or tools.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AetherFinishedTall.jpg Views:	337 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	851749

Sides (MDF):
          Rust-Oleum brown primer (2 coats, brushed)
          Rust-Oleum Hammered Brown paint (2 coats, brushed)

Baffle (maple plywood):
          Zinsser Sealcoat (2 coats, cloth-wiped)
          Zinsser Shellac (4 coats, cloth-wiped (I think))
          Paste Wax (1 coat, rubbed on, then buffed off)

If you want a flat white or flat black semi gloss with basically no priming or sanding, I highly recommend this:

Broken: http://undefinition.googlepages.com/...olevels,87.jpg

Name:	OrientExpressFinished-pair-custom-size-640-584.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	942689

Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy. Comes in black, white, and almond. Make sure your surface is filled and sanded very smooth beforehand, and just start hitting it; no primer needed. You recoat once every 30 minutes or so (gotta do it in time, or you'll have to wait a week to recoat), for 6-8 coats. That's it. You let it dry for a few days. If you want to clearcoat, you can, but it's probably not necessary. At this point, it already looks like real furniture (or a kitchen appliance, depending on how you think about it. This stuff is HARD; you can put your cup of coffee on it and not worry.
          Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:19 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
          Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Bastek
            • Apr 2008

My first finish, a simple 2 pass Ebony stain, and 1 pass Tung Oil, it disappears completely at night (with grills on).

Name:	PICT0054.webp
Views:	163
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	942635
            Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:01 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• eddo
              • Mar 2008

The ebony stain is pretty sweet with the white cone, copper phase plug, and brass hardware. Well done!

Comment

• dlneubec
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

This is probably my best effort, the HOSS project: HOSS
                Santos Rosewood 2ply veneer
                many coats of Dewaxed shellac followed by
                Many coats of Old Masters poly, brushed on and let dry flat one side at a time. Lots of sanding and smoothing. The gloss black is rattle cans of Rustoleum gloss black over primer over dewaxed shellac on mdf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0131-small.webp Views:	2 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	942636

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0026.webp Views:	2 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	942637

Here is one of my NaO Mini's (just the MTM section):
                Solid cherry and Maple over an mdf backer
                Boiled linseed oil, 1:1 with naptha (IIRC)
                Followed by many coats of gloss wipe on poly mixed 1:1 with naptha

Click image for larger version  Name:	NaOMini6-25-06a.webp Views:	2 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	942638

I need to get some photo's of my SoundRounds and Duo's in their completed stage and will post those later.
                Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:33 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide url
                Dan N.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Well, I'll toss the Statements in here since they were my last projects.

The cabinets were sealed a skim coat of bondo and then with MDF primer (I hated it) and then sanded with many follow up coats of high build automotive primer.Once I got them to the point that "I thought" I had all the imperfections taken care of, I shot 10 coats of Target Finishes gloss black lacquer with a HVLP spray set up.

I then let them sit for a week. Next came sanding with 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 grit paper. I buffed them with 3M products from the autoparts store just like they do in the body shop. Lots and lots of work. Plus the materials were extremely expensive.

The Mini's in the attached picture were veneeered with paper backed 10 mil red oak veneeer, stained with golden oak, filled with Crystalac pore filler and then top coated with Crystalac clear gloss super Premun finish sprayed with my HVLP setup.

The Statements center had the same treatment as the Statements.

Jim

Name:	Mini Statements 003 (Large reduced).jpg
Views:	2380
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	851040

Name:	Statements center cropped 001 (Large).jpg
Views:	2383
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	851041
                  Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:03 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Rolex
                    • Mar 2005

I have been using a precatalyzed lacquer over most of my projects, but have recently tried a polyurethane, tung oil, and turpentine mixture that have produced some great results. Not paint for me, I'm a woodworking, so I love using different veneer. The tower is cherry, the stand mounts are curly maple, imbuya, fiddleback anigre, and mottle anigre. THe imbuya pair uses watco danish oil with wax over top.

Name:	curlymaple.webp
Views:	160
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	942639 Click image for larger version

Name:	tower.webp
Views:	160
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	942640

Name:	close_up.webp
Views:	169
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	942641

Name:	rear.webp
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	942642

Name:	f.webp
Views:	151
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	942643

Name:	12132925271.webp
Views:	165
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	942644
                    Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:05 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Hank
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jul 2002

I veneer - favorite so far is rosewood. My favorite finish is very labor intensive, but IMO, brings out wood grain beauty like no other finish: hand-rubbed Danish oil finish. Before and after finishing:

Name:	AV-3sUnfinished.webp
Views:	162
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	942645

Name:	AV3-01sFinished.webp
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	942646
                      Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:06 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Amphiprion
                        • Apr 2006

Too embarrassed to highlight the bowties, eh Hank?

Comment

• kvardas
                          • Dec 2005

Mottled Makore Veneer
                          Five coats of Semi-gloass General finishes followed by two coats of tung oil/boiled linseed/beeswax home-made paste wax buffed with 0000 steel wool.

Name:	kv_m8ta2.jpg
Views:	2825
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	851044

Name:	KVM8ta.jpg
Views:	2521
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	851045
                          Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:07 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• impala454
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Rolex

Click image for larger version  Name:	close_up.webp Views:	0 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	942641

wow that looks better than factory! very tight tolerance on those driver cutouts :T
                            Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:08 Saturday. Reason: Update quote
                            -Chuck

Comment

• JonP
                              • Apr 2006

I should have better pics of these, but here's the Modula MT's I built a while back...

African Mahogany veneer, nothin' but Shellac. Made for a deep and glowing finish, but is somewhat easy to ding.
                              Zinnser's Seal Coat shellac, thinned to 1lb cut for a few coats. Somewhere in between Blond and Amber, it darkened the Mahogany nicely after a few coats, so I kept going.
                              More and more (and more and more) coats of uncut Seal Coat for final finish.
                              Used a scraper to help level high spots while building thickness, worked pretty good! Scrapers Rule!!
                              Wet sanded with a block, between later coats with (equiv of) 320 Micro Mesh cloth. (highly recommended!)
                              Then sanding up the Micro Mesh grades, thru 12000. (equiv of 2-3000 grit)

Name:	Picture225.webp
Views:	148
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	942647

Name:	Picture224.webp
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	942648
                              Pic of veneered 3" PVC stand

Name:	Picture231.webp
Views:	159
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	942649
                              Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:09 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• cobblepots
                                • May 2008

That stand is incredible! Was it difficult to glue the veneer to it? What glue did you use? Paper backed veneer? How did you deal with the seam? Sorryy for all the questions but once you get excited... I definitely would like to do something along the same lines with my statement monitor stands. I'm covering all my speakers and sub in a mottled Makore. It'll cost me a bit but it'll be worth it. Hopefully I'll be able to do the grain justice. Everyone's finishes look fantastic!

Comment

• Hank
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jul 2002

Mark "The Kid" Hayenga wrote:
                                  Too embarrassed to highlight the bowties, eh Hank?
                                  Mark, the before/after towers were my A/V-3's that I gave to my daughter and son-in-law for their wedding present (their request). The towers with what you call the "bow tie" looking base are my current towers. It's funny that only you and Jonathan don't like their looks - I get compliments from other people re the orginality (or maybe they're just being polite?).

Comment

• Silversmoky
                                    • Nov 2007

Name:	P1000331.webp
Views:	150
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	942650

Name:	P1000335.webp
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	942651

Name:	P1000340.webp
Views:	147
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	942652

Name:	P1000348.webp
Views:	164
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	942653

Cabinet: Maple Burl Veneer - Applied using Heatlock, Sanded very smooth.
                                    No stain on main cabinet. Just clear coat. Watco Clear Gloss Brushing Laquer.
                                    Around 20 coats. Sanded lightly between each coat with 600 sand paper, then cleaned thoroughly with tack cloth.
                                    Front Baffle: Stained with Varathane Cabornet. Clear coated w/ same laquer.
                                    Sprayed with 8 coats.
                                    Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:11 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by JonP
                                      I should have better pics of these, but here's the Modula MT's I built a while back...

African Mahogany veneer, nothin' but Shellac. Made for a deep and glowing finish, but is somewhat easy to ding.
                                      Zinnser's Seal Coat shellac, thinned to 1lb cut for a few coats. Somewhere in between Blond and Amber, it darkened the Mahogany nicely after a few coats, so I kept going.
                                      More and more (and more and more) coats of uncut Seal Coat for final finish.
                                      Used a scraper to help level high spots while building thickness, worked pretty good! Scrapers Rule!!
                                      Wet sanded with a block, between later coats with (equiv of) 320 Micro Mesh cloth. (highly recommended!)
                                      Then sanding up the Micro Mesh grades, thru 12000. (equiv of 2-3000 grit)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture225.webp Views:	0 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	942647

Very impressive you guys are artists!! :T Can you do this for my 802Ds!
                                      Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:12 Saturday. Reason: Update quote
                                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• JonP
                                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cobblepots
                                        That stand is incredible! Was it difficult to glue the veneer to it? What glue did you use? Paper backed veneer? How did you deal with the seam? Sorryy for all the questions but once you get excited... I definitely would like to do something along the same lines with my statement monitor stands. I'm covering all my speakers and sub in a mottled Makore. It'll cost me a bit but it'll be worth it. Hopefully I'll be able to do the grain justice. Everyone's finishes look fantastic!
                                        Yep, it was the same paper backed Mahogany as the boxes, thought it might be a nice touch to have the wood match. And, black truckbed liner paint on the rest of the stands to key with the black drivers... I like how it turned out.

I used the Titebond yellow glue iron on method for the boxes, and for the posts I had my first experience with contact cement. Had a few lumps from painting on the cement, you CAN'T go back and rebrush if it's started to dry, and it starts in a minute or so... I almost had a real problem. Still had a few bumps under the surface. I did an overlap glue and cut as described in Lou C's website (lonesaguro.com?) and it worked pretty invisibly. The seam did seem (heh) to migrate apart during the many shellac coats, but not badly.
                                        Kind of like a stocking with a seam.. I put them on the back sides.

One thing, I started with 3" ABS sewer pipe, it was just too flexy, especially with a 25lb Modula MT on top! Went thru a battle trying to find real PVC in 3" at standard stores... but it is worth it for the greater stiffness.

I made a "pipe holder rack" out of some 1/2" PVC, just a little crossbar with feet, about 10" off the ground. I'd put a pipe on it, spray a 1/3'd, and turn, etc... to get an even coating. Worked pretty well.

The veneer came out a bit lighter, due to my putting on fewer layers. I kind of improved my tecnique by then, with some clear grain filler and more exclusive use of the Micro Mesh, I was to smooth glass much sooner, which made them a bit lighter.

Comment

• dlneubec
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Jan 2006

Very nice work from all! Here are my SoundRounds. SoundRounds

Name:	Final-2.webp
Views:	142
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	942654

Satin Poly finish on the solid Maple parts
                                          Old Masters High Gloss poly over Zinsers Sealcoat
                                          on the Waterfall Bubinga veneer
                                          Limewash on the PVC tubes covered by egshell latex paint
                                          Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:13 Saturday. Reason: Update image location and htguide url
                                          Dan N.

Comment

• royceb
                                            • Jun 2006

Wow, I'm impressed. This thread has inspired me to try veneer for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good site and/or product. I was thinking Rockler's paper backed veneer.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Jan 2006

Tapeease, Joe woodworker, Oakwood veneer.

Comment

• eyekode
                                                • Jun 2008

I have been using a precatalyzed lacquer over most of my projects, but have recently tried a polyurethane, tung oil, and turpentine mixture that have produced some great results. Not paint for me, I'm a woodworking, so I love using different veneer. The tower is cherry, the stand mounts are curly maple, imbuya, fiddleback anigre, and mottle anigre. THe imbuya pair uses watco danish oil with wax over top.
                                                Alright Rolex, those are amazing! How about a tutorial or two .

Comment

• eyekode
                                                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Silversmoky
                                                  Cabinet: Maple Burl Veneer - Applied using Heatlock, Sanded very smooth.
                                                  No stain on main cabinet. Just clear coat. Watco Clear Gloss Brushing Laquer.
                                                  Around 20 coats. Sanded lightly between each coat with 600 sand paper, then cleaned thoroughly with tack cloth.
                                                  Front Baffle: Stained with Varathane Cabornet. Clear coated w/ same laquer.
                                                  Sprayed with 8 coats.
                                                  Is that a raw veneer? If so I would expect a seam at the back? How did that turn out with Heatlock?

Comment

• Rolex
                                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by eyekode
                                                    Alright Rolex, those are amazing! How about a tutorial or two .
                                                    Sure, what would you like to know?

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Jan 2006

As OP stated we want to try and keep the chatting down to a very minimum in this thread and keep it mostly pictures. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to look at a gallery thread and having to flip through 10 pages or so of people talking about the pictures. Questions and comments and what not should be left to build threads or PM's. Not trying to sound pushy here or anything just trying to make this a great gallery :B

Comment

• gmed
                                                        • Dec 2006

Thank you. This has been a long project that finally came to an end. I used the Trans Lamination technique, So the finish you see is the natural look of the ply. I used sanding sealer which brought out all the grains of the wood, then I used wipe on water based poly, with cotton rags. The stands are also trans lam, composed of 3" disks piled on top of each other using a 3/8" threaded rod. The bases are also cut using a CNC router. You can see a log of my work on the speakers if you do a search for translam. I think from now on, Im just going to stick to wipe on Poly. I also like to use BB plywood, which is both good material and has a good finish already.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                                                          • Jan 2004

Here is an old one of mine, matching veneer and solid wood is not as easy as I thought it would be.

Name:	Post 1.jpg
Views:	2209
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	851145

Name:	Finished Port Valve Open.jpg
Views:	2156
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	851146
                                                          Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:15 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
                                                          My Center Channel Project

Comment

• A9X
                                                            • Jan 2007

I feel sick. I'll never be able to post pics of what I build if they have to be compared to these beauties. Oh, the shame.

Comment

• Rolex
                                                              • Mar 2005

Here is my latest. A re-veneer of an older project.

Name:	curvedcabinet1.webp
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	942655 Click image for larger version

Name:	curvedcabinet2.webp
Views:	149
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	942656
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 21:16 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• David_D
                                                                • Feb 2008

Very Nice Rolex. How do you get your veneer seams so tight so the endgrain doesn't show? I assume it's raw & very thin.
                                                                -David

As we try and consider

Comment

• NateTTU
                                                                  • Jul 2007

Rolex,

Could you tell me what mixture you use for your finish and perhaps some of the steps taken? I really like they way those have turned out and would love to try and mimic these on my statements.

Thanks,
                                                                  Nate

Comment

• Rolex
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

I thought I would throw a couple more pictures on this thread. I recently completed the Zaph SR71 speakers. I did another stacked lamination. This time the cabinet was quite a bit bigger to meet the approximately .5 cu ft of volume this design calls for. The veneer is more block mottle anigre because I like it, and it's what I had laying around. It has a very light oil based stain to help bring out the grain just a little before applying precatalyzed lacquer with an airless spray.

Name:	1-1.webp
Views:	142
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	942687

Name:	2-1.webp
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	942688
                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:04 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• lunchmoney
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2008

Painted Tritrix's...

Name:	FinalTT1cweb.webp
Views:	158
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	942683

Name:	FinalTT5web.webp
Views:	155
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	942684
                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:03 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• lunchmoney
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jul 2008

Hey Rolex...

Howdya like the SR71's?

I'm in the middle of building mine... a bit jealous of your curved side walls... those came out awesome ;x(

Comment

• Rolex
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Mar 2005

Thanks, I've been following your thread. Looks like yours should turn out great as well. So far (it's been almost two days) I've been real happy with them. They will be tested on a full McInstosh system this weekend. Looking forward to the results. They will be up against Wilson Watt/Puppy 7's...

Comment

• Paul Ebert
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2004
                                                                            • 402

Originally posted by Undefinition

If you want a flat white or flat black semi gloss with basically no priming or sanding, I highly recommend this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	OrientExpressFinished-pair-custom-size-640-584.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	942689

Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy. Comes in black, white, and almond.

I used epoxy paint once on a bathroom window ledge. It put out very intense and noxious fumes. Even with a respirator, it was really bad. Is this stuff like that? If not, it sounds perfect for the bases of my Trilliums. I'll want those to be pretty rugged.

Can this be purchased at your typical hardware store?
                                                                            Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:32 Saturday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• impala454
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2007
                                                                              • 3814

#39
                                                                              Very nice job lunchmoney. I would have never thought of using blue but those look great!
                                                                              -Chuck

Comment

• flamethrower1
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2008
                                                                                • 392

#40
                                                                                statements

statements, black walnut and hand rubbed danish oil

Name:	100_0409.JPG
Views:	1389
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	851871

Name:	100_0408.JPG
Views:	1678
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	851872

Name:	100_0407.JPG
Views:	1320
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	851873

Name:	100_0406.JPG
Views:	1476
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	851874
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:35 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• bmaupin
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2008
                                                                                  • 22

#41

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-1.webp Views:	0 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	942688

Rolex,

Where did you get the round binding plate? Very sharp.

- Brad
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:06 Saturday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Bastek
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2008
                                                                                    • 41

#42
                                                                                    Most excellent finishes! I don't know which one to (try and) copy next.

Comment

• Jed
                                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2005
                                                                                      • 3617

#43
                                                                                      They will be up against Wilson Watt/Puppy 7's...
                                                                                      Watt/Puppy's are no match. :B

Comment

• deucelee
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2008
                                                                                        • 48

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Bastek
                                                                                        Most excellent finishes! I don't know which one to (try and) copy next.
                                                                                        imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :T

Comment

• cobblepots
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2008
                                                                                          • 102

#45
                                                                                          Mini Statements. Black lacquer for the top, fronts, and bottom. Mottled Makore for the sides with 3 coats of tung oil and 3 coats of brushed on poly. The poly and tung oil were lightly sanded between coats with 0000 steel wool.

Name:	DSCI002.JPG
Views:	1574
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	851875
                                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 24 June 2023, 22:35 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"