claritycap esa or jantzen standard-z cap ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Audiophile100%
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2005
    • 132

    #1

    claritycap esa or jantzen standard-z cap ?

    i have a doubt on the cap choice.
    does someone has tried botrh of them ?

    thank you
  • carlthess40
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2019
    • 9

    #2
    Good question, also what one is best for crossovers and what one is good in preamps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • Face
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 995

      #3
      I've always been a bug fan of the ESA.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

      Comment

      • Audiophile100%
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2005
        • 132

        #4
        do you tried jantzen standard z cap?

        how sound the esa?

        Comment

        • Face
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 995

          #5
          Originally posted by Audiophile100%
          do you tried jantzen standard z cap?

          how sound the esa?
          Was not impressed by their Standard caps.

          As for the ESA, slightly warm to neutral.

          Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

          Comment

          • Audiophile100%
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2005
            • 132

            #6
            so compared to ESA?

            Comment

            • Bear
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1044

              #7
              The new(er) CSA series is remarkably compact if that means anything. I had a photo around here, I think, showing the difference between it and a Superior Z. If board space is at a premium, then the CSAs are worth considering.
              Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

              Comment

              • Audiophile100%
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2005
                • 132

                #8
                thank you, but CSA is too much for me.
                in this project the battle is: jantzen standard-z cap vs clarotycap ESA

                do you compared CSA vs ESA ?

                Comment

                • Bear
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1044

                  #9
                  I have used the PX series a decade ago, and larger caps in that series were ... large (100uF was basically a soda can). My most-recently completed Helios build used Superior-Z. I had built the same crossovers previously with CSAs, which is why the form factor was memorable, but I didn't like how much carbon I had in the solder joints (crispy!). That was why I went with the Superior Z caps. As a result, the PX caps were competent, but unexciting. The Superior Z caps were about peace of mind. I'll de-solder the CSAs sometime soon, and see if I can re-use them on a project. I still have a bunch of the PX caps in my parts box as well.

                  If budget is a true concern, I'd recommend Solen Fast Caps. I've used them before, as well. They won't get anyone excited, but they are still workhorses. I use them as a go-to for parallel caps. I built the crossover for a pair of gift bookshelf speakers entirely out of them and the Dayton equivalents. A standard civilian won't know the difference.
                  Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

                  Comment

                  • Audiophile100%
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 132

                    #10
                    excuse but i don't understand what you write.
                    superior-z vs CSA ?

                    Comment

                    • Bear
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 1044

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Audiophile100%
                      excuse but i don't understand what you write.
                      superior-z vs CSA ?
                      For a given rating, the Superior-Z caps are noticeably larger. See the size difference here:

                      Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      • Audiophile100%
                        New Clarity Cap "Copper Connect"
                        by Audiophile100%
                        i saw the series of clarity caps top line : CMR and CSA.
                        does someone try them ?
                        about your point of view are really better the old series MR and ESA ?
                        i'm very intrested in.

                        thank you
                        bye
                        01 October 2016, 03:05 Saturday
                      • Audiophile100%
                        ClarityCap CMR
                        by Audiophile100%
                        does someone tried the new series of clarity cap ?
                        is an improvement over MR ?
                        ;x(
                        18 May 2017, 10:12 Thursday
                      • Mrpong
                        Claritycap
                        by Mrpong
                        Have you tried claritycap? Is it good?
                        05 January 2006, 07:53 Thursday
                      • ligonk
                        Issues with C-Coil inductors from Jantzen
                        by ligonk
                        I am using some C-Coil inductors from Jantzen for my Modula TMM build. Them, along with every other inductor and part get measured prior to using them in my crossover. Every other inductor i have measured in the past ends up being ever so slightly above the stated inductance, which is great because...
                        16 August 2014, 23:20 Saturday
                      • ak77
                        Cap 2400 (cap 2100 + 2100)
                        by ak77
                        Hi all

                        I have been reading plenty of threads on this forum for a long time but this is my first post here. Ths site is undoubtedly the best source of information on Classe and B&W products... :T

                        I have a CAP-2100 powering my B&W 803S. Although 100W is doing wonders...
                        13 June 2008, 10:15 Friday
                      • Loading...
                      • No more items.
                      Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"