X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiophile100%
    • Apr 2005

New Clarity Cap "Copper Connect"

i saw the series of clarity caps top line : CMR and CSA.
    does someone try them ?
    about your point of view are really better the old series MR and ESA ?
    i'm very intrested in.

thank you
    bye
  • BobEllis
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

The CMR line replaces the MR line, so before long the only MRs you'll find will be NOS. Same with CSA/ESA. I think you'll enjoy the CMRs if the rest of your system is up to that level.

I have a 3.9 µF CMR in Ardent tweeter crossover with MR in the 10 µF position, because that's what was available. I love the sound, but have not compared with other caps. The Ardent is several steps up from any previous speaker I've owned and I hadn't used boutique caps previously, so some of the love may be more properly directed at the tweeter or midrange. That said, the detail I get is amazing. Cymbals are placed in space and have size appropriate to the type. I feel like I can tell where the cymbal was struck and hear the wave propagate across the surface. This is the first time I've been able to hear a difference between cymbal types based on tonality. All treble events sound great, it's just easier for me to describe the sound of cymbals.

For reference, I am using: JRiver Media Center WASAPI to Coax SPDIF (on board, limited to 96kHz) to Schiit Modi Multibit DAC to Schiit Sys (passive attenuator) to Pass A75 to Wacecor Ardents (using the currently available SW223BD02). Generic/homebuilt interconnects, Parts Express 12 gauge speaker wire. Shortly I will be including my Oppo BDP-103 as a media player so I can get full resolution digital output to feed my DAC, which will be upgraded to a Yggy. I'll also roll amps, including a couple of other Pass designs, a Leach and a DIYAudio Honey Badger.

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I think this is a logical evolution of the Clarity product; but then, copper caps are not new; Duelund and others have been making them for some time, and I have some of the new speaker series Duelund's to try in the current build.

Copper has two potentially better characteristics over the aluminum often used:

Much higher conductivity
      Much higher mass, which tends to move the physical resonance of a film cap down in frequency and down in Q.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Audiophile100%
        • Apr 2005

the caps are not with copper dielectric, but but the external plates that was in alluminuim now are in coppre please see description on clarity site

Comment

• fish fingers
          • Apr 2015

The CSA caps are reasonably priced, but the MR's were always a bit overpriced for a metallized cap. Musicap foils are cheaper

Comment

• Audiophile100%
            • Apr 2005

about MR, my advice is first listen and then judge

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"