A (late) Statements Build.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdelaaR
    • Dec 2010

Did some more work and it's now nearly finished.

View from sofa:

Image not available

Screen lowering:

Image not available

Cinema mode (with some lights still on to get a better picture):

Image not available

Side view with diffusers and storage space:

Image not available

Rear view:

Image not available

I still have to do some work here and there on cabinets and lighting.
    The table in the pictures is temporary and will be replaced by a DIY mixing/working desk somewhere in the future when I find the time.
    The computer and printers will at some point also move elsewhere but for now it'll have to do as is
    Last edited by theSven; 02 August 2023, 16:42 Wednesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

That is a beautiful room! :T You should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

Of course I hope you're still enjoying your Statements system too.

Jim

Comment

• AdelaaR
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
        That is a beautiful room! :T You should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

Of course I hope you're still enjoying your Statements system too.

Jim
        Thanks, Jim
        "Enjoying" would be a serious understatement (pun intended).
        I have come to the point where I often find it difficult to listen to most everyday speakers, lately.
        I'm so used to my Statements that I perceive them as "normal" and so when I listen to speakers in, let's say, a shopping mall or a car, I often find myself distracted and almost offended by the various distortions they produce.
        Especially speakers in most laptops are almost unbearable to me now.
        This is all your fault, btw :lol:

Comment

• AdelaaR
          • Dec 2010

Another thing that might interest you, Jim:

The tricks with the cavities behind the midrange tunnels and the bass traps in the corners of the speakers have worked very well for me.
          The bass response is clean and has very little "boom" to it and the midrange has room enough according to specs.
          I did shorten the foam in the tunnels a bit until I liked the sound best, but that's a matter of taste.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AdelaaR
            Thanks, Jim
            "Enjoying" would be a serious understatement (pun intended).
            I have come to the point where I often find it difficult to listen to most everyday speakers, lately.
            I'm so used to my Statements that I perceive them as "normal" and so when I listen to speakers in, let's say, a shopping mall or a car, I often find myself distracted and almost offended by the various distortions they produce.
            Especially speakers in most laptops are almost unbearable to me now.
            This is all your fault, btw :lol:
            We'll blame it on Curt! :lol:

Jim

Comment

• Jim Holtz
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Another thing that might interest you, Jim:

The tricks with the cavities behind the midrange tunnels and the bass traps in the corners of the speakers have worked very well for me.
              The bass response is clean and has very little "boom" to it and the midrange has room enough according to specs.
              I did shorten the foam in the tunnels a bit until I liked the sound best, but that's a matter of taste.
              Thanks for the feedback. That's one of the great features of open back mids, they're easy to customize to taste with simple changes in the foam. I'm fortunate to not have bass issues in my room. It's good to hear about solutions for those that do.

Jim

Comment

• TEK
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

But my question was: "do I need a sub?".

May be I'll have to do some actual room measurements first ... mmm.
                YES!
                (Or preferrable two, three or more ;-))

BTW: very nice setup :-)
                -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• AdelaaR
                  • Dec 2010

Almost three years ago now (which is just a few posts ago in this thread) I said my studio still needed a custom working/mixing desk to go with my Statements and I finally got around to making it.
                  Behold:

Image not available

I made it specifically to match the speakers and I used the same router bit to round of the edges.
                  The top drawers create extra space:

Image not available

I'm very pleased with it but obviously this is still a work in progress.
                  The monitor stand isn't finished yet and the computer still has to move inside the wall cabinet at some point, but I'm delaying that until my next computer build. (next year?)
                  The whiteness of the printer is unacceptable and it'll have to move to another room, but that room isn't finished yet either, so for now it'll have to remain there.
                  The components in the top drawers aren't connected yet. I'll have to come up with a system to make their cables retract safely while closing the drawers.
                  My Statements are still flawless.
                  They are enjoying some Dire Straits as I'm typing this and they still sound amazing.
                  Last edited by theSven; 02 August 2023, 16:42 Wednesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"