Older X10 wall light switches all at once switching on nearly daily to max lighting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Older X10 wall light switches all at once switching on nearly daily to max lighting

Any ideas what could be setting them off, or am I just best off to replace with Lutron? I have some Lutron, these are the only 2 X10 wall switches I have, annoying the crap out of me.

One seemed to have a slider at base, and I slid it over and it has not come back on since. But my two post lights, are coming on now on the switch next to it. This just started a week or so ago. Weird after all these years.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Some sort of interference maybe, or a momentary power drop? I haven't had X10 stuff in decades, but I seem to recall if they sense a power cut (by toggling a wall switch on the circuit with the X10 module plugged in) it will turn on.

Maybe try changing to a different house/unit number to see if a neighbor's system is interfering?

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I would not even know how to do that, it's the only X10 I use Oh well, just another great day after day after day. I put a low wattage bulb in the porch light, the post lights have not been an issue recently. Take it as it comes.
      Doug

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

X10 switches had to be replaced. I put Lutrons in instead...
        Doug

Comment

• Absinthe
          • Sep 2021

I put in Z-wave switches and outlets throughout my house and so far, no issues. Its nice to have that much control over the interior and exterior lighting and no more of those d@mn analog dial timers to futz with

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I really don't like messing with electric switches now, installing, never did actually. I am not familiar with Z-wave switches and outlets, but it must be master controlled, that would be nice. Enjoy.
            Doug

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"