X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaruiz
    • Sep 2003

DUAL TV TUNERS????? HELP!

I was wondering if it would be possible to use dual TV tuners to record two seperate shows at the same time. I saw a commercial for the local Paragoncable company advertising a DVR that could do just that. It got me thinking and I came up with the idea that it would require two seperate tuners. I figure it'll take a fairly powerful computer, so the minimum requirements would definately be raised but I don't see why it couldn't be possible (unless due to software constraints, the computer would have a hard time addressing both computers. ) I figure using dual harddrives would solve any problem there. ANy comments?
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

If I understand correctly you want 2 TV tuner cards in one PC? That is an interesting setup. About the only issues I could see is Windows may not be able to drive both tuner cards at the same time. although I'm not positive on that.

I'm sure the CPU requirements could be large as well, however I think the first issue is the deciding factor.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"