X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmowis
    • Oct 2006

IR Repeater Problem

Hi,

Last night I was trying to set up a new IR relay system I recently purchased from Parts Express consisting of a Buffalo IR-100 receiver and the IR-250 repeater. Also picked up a bunch of IR-E1 flashers.

Got it all set up and started playing with it. When I press buttons on my remote, I see a little green LED on the repeater start to flash. Also, I see another green LED on the receiver flash as well. Finally, I also see the red light on the IR flasher blink, too.

However, when I hold the IR flasher up to the IR lens of any of my devices and attempt to use the remote, nothing happens...except when I use my lighting control remote, which I can get to work *some* of the time.

Any ideas as to what is going on, here? On the surface, everything appears to be functioning normally, but flashers don't seem to be making my gear do anything.

I'm trying to control:
    Marantz AV8003 Pre-pro
    Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray Player
    Toshiba A2 HD-DVD Player
    Oppo 980 Universal
    Lexicon Remote Controlled Dimmer (for lighting), which works when I hold the remote about 6 inches away from the IR Repeater and start pressing buttons.

Also, I'm using Cat5-e cable to connect the Repeater to the Receiver. Both the repeater and the receiver have three recepticles for 3 wires labelled V+, Sig, and Ground. I'm using 2 twisted pairs to make the connection - one pair is used to connect V+ and Sig from the repeater to V+ and Sig on the receiver, and the other twisted pair (both wires) is used for ground.

I've double checked my wiring, and as far as my limited knowledge can assure me, everything is connected correctly and securely.

I'd sure be grateful for any help you could give me. Thanks in advance!

Brad
  • bmowis
    • Oct 2006

Nobody? ...Okay, anybody want to buy a Buffalo IR Receiver/Repeater set with flashers? Works great!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"