X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Rotel 1050 remote... an alternative.

Sorry to place in this forum but think you guys should know my great experience here ... given the 1050's really rubbish build quality... (come on guys ... whats going on here ?)

Initially I was after a Pronto Pro etc etc ... while fanatastic it also had a very fantastic price... and I kept looking ... I found I actually liked a hard-buttoned remote anyway and found the perfect set-up.

I had some plasma IR flooding and needed a remote to have RF functionality as well - the Xantech work around I had was OK but not perfect by any means.

The remote is the Aeros aka Orion aka MX-850 from UniversalRemote they also have the hard codes for 1098/1066/1068 and for those in the UK SKY+ too.

Great build , great reliability and accuracy. Not sales pitch just to say I am considering buying another one for the bedroom for zone 2 - as dont need IR repeater there as I am already in RF mode all round.

Now just need to find some hardware to control the weather ...

O and if you wonder where I got it ... Bluedo.com

Rgds Steve.
  • VinceS
    • Jan 2005

I am looking at the mx-850 also. I got my Harmony for my family room system from surf remote at a good price and they are offering the mx-850 at attractive pricing. Does Bluedo discount?

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

The Mx850 is a awesome remote. I suggest you stop there and buy it. There is nothing on the market today that is better for the money.

I owned 2 prontos and another universal remote and I perfer the Mx850 over them. I also Program Remotes for a living and find it the easiest. Home theater master remotes have been excellent for many years and are flawless in the way they work. Pronto however isn't.

Go for it man.

Dan

Comment

• aaron
        • Aug 2004

I don't agree with Pronto having flaws. Nothing is perfect but this is the closest I have ever seen.

I own a Pronto Pro; the TSU7000. Granted- it can be a bear to program, but if you take your time, plan it out on paper and do it right it is the ultimate remote control. I added on the Rx6000 RF adaptor and now control my entire system from my deck outside.

And don't believe the hype that you need to be an IT nerd to do it. You don't. It is pretty straightforward. The nicest thing is that if you change your mind about something in your programming or want to add something it is easy to change it.

Keep an eye on ebay or videogon.com regularly. There are deals out there. Picked mine up used in mint condition, complete for $395. I love the thing.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

And don't believe the hype that you need to be an IT nerd to do it.
          Hey whats wrong with being an IT nerd

Comment

• Noddy
            • Dec 2004

So it is a general consensus that the Rotel 1050 remote is junk??

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

No its not junk but there are better alternatives out there if you're willing to spend the money on them...that's true of almost all OEM remotes IMO.

Comment

• ekkoville
                • Aug 2004

In conjunction with moving most of my equipment out of sight, the need for infrared control and a top notch remote are now necessary. One of my local A/V stores suggests the Pronto TSU-7000. In reading some posts here, it seems there are bugs to be worked out. In searching around online, I found the Sony RM-NX7000, which has 32MB of memory and fully customizable macros among other features. Anyone had experience with it, or even seen one?

Erik

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"