X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

WAP Products

Has anyone here installed this type of WAP panel? I am looking to add a few access points in my home, currently my wireless router setup is not strong enough for whole house coverage even with a booster antenna. I found these WAP panels and thought they may work. Any thoughts or ideas?

From reliable infrastructure products to feature-rich smart systems, On-Q’s industry-leading solutions work together to form the backbone of the connected home. Learn more.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I haven't used them, but they look like a clean way to extend your range.

I have seen some WAPs with better range that basically look like a router with a big antenna. We have some in another mill that uses wireless thin clients at operator stations. Works fine, but it's not as nice looking as what you found.
    Danish

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Neat. I wish I knew about those when I was building my house a year ago! :B

I don't know how they are as far as range, but it sounds like you can install them in different parts of your house/building to extend the range. Plus mounting them high on a wall or in the ceiling would help the signal get past obstructions better.

Maybe I'll put one in my house, up high in the kitchen. That should give me good range all through the house...

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I hope they work as good as they look, I sent off for a dealer catalog, will be interesting to see what the cost is.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"