X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alstein
    • Apr 2004

Toshiba 57HX93 and Antenna connection

HI
    I purchased a Radioshack UHF/VHF HDTV #15-1880 antenna, and initially connected it to the antenna 2 (input #7) of my Toshiba 57HX93 TV. When I went to setup to configure this input, no channels were found. have been unable to find anything at all in the Toshiba manual about this tuner and which inputs it works with, but I did, in fact, switch to antenna 1 just in case, with the same results. I did get some reception on lower number channels (2, 6 and a couple of others) with the antenna gain switch turned off. Manually connecting to different chaannels only results in snow without a hint of a picture. Another forum has had several messages about off air reception of HDTV channels in Montreal (where I live). Since the 57HX93 comes equipped with an "8VSB/QAM Tuner for receiving terrestrial and digital cable-in-the-clear signals.", I assumed that connecting the antenna to one of the antenna inputs would result in something. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well I don't know about the quality of the Rat Shack antenna's but I've heard good things about Terk Technologies. Here's a link directly to their HDTV models: HDTV Outdoor Antennas. I would suspect that like with most electronics, the quality of product you buy is directly in proportion to the quality of signal it will produce. Now I'm far from an antenna expert but I'll do my best with some helpful info.

Now depending on if you live in a suburb, rural or metropolitan area and if you're close or far away from the broadcast tower you may require a different antenna for your home. You will also need to find out which direction to aim it. Obviously knowing where the broadcasters are will help but you'll likely need another person to tell you, when you're up slowly adjusting it, when the signal becomes clear. You may also want to email Toshiba and find out exactly how their TV's work with OTA HDTV. I might also try contacting Terk, or another quality antenna manufacturer, and find out what recommendations they have.

Hope I was some help, let us know if you need anymore

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• alstein
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for your help.
      Aron

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"