X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

NEC HT 1000 getting a lot of praise

I have been reading a lot of posts by owners of the NEC HT 1000 dlp PJ and like what I am hearing. This projector is claiming to be pretty darn close to CRT in the contrast department. I have already received a price quote from a dealer in Ontario that is better than the US price converted to CDN, so I am giving some serious consideration here. But first I have to view dlp to see if I can live with the color wheel artifacts.

I have also heard some good things about service and how well NEC are treating their customers. I had been seriously considering the Sony HS 10 , but their one year warranty and poor customer service, along with the lamp problems, have caused me to give second thoughts. The NEC has a 2 year warranty and an addtional year can be added. The PJ has a sealed light path so there are no filters to clean and replace, and no dust on the dmd panels. This baby comes calibrated at D6500, and a recent review stated it was accurate out of the box. A 5000 color temp foir B&W movie3s, and a choice of higher color temperatures are available. It is also very tweakable if you want to customize the color temp to your particular liking.

Now, if I can just live with rainbows.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

If you have light control, that's what I'd get in the under $5k range.

If you were willing to spend more, I'd wait the 6-10 months to see what Sony's new technology looks like, ar at least what it did to other PJ prices in general.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I've been giving that some thought, too, Brandon.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"