X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Praise for Panamax

A lot of times we read in forums the horror stories that some people have experienced with different products and/or manufacturer customer service. I want to share a praise story.

I purchased a Panamax 1000+ several years ago... probably 6-7 years ago and it has served us well, especially since we moved to where we live now as we experience an unusually high amount of brown outs. I've had an unprotected piece of equipment and a refrigerator taken down by brown outs since we've lived here. Of course now everything is protected...even our appliances.

The 1000+ was installed in our new HT room with several pieces of equipment protected by it. This past weekend we had 3-4 power brown outs one right after the other... no storms... not sure why... but it happened. Monday night I proceed to the HT room to set up a movie for our daughter and a couple of her friends to watch and the system wouldn't cut on. I frantically proceeded to checking out what the problem was. Well the Rotel 1066 was cutting on but nothing else. The 1066 triggers the 1000+ so I figured it had to be the 1000+. I checked it and sure enough it was the culprit. The overvoltage light was lit and nothing I did would reset it. I scrambled and got everything fixed where I could cut it on manually but of course I'd have to replace the 1000+.

Tuesday I called Panamax to see if this was something I'd be able to fix or if it would have to be sent back to them. Getting through to technical support was quick and painless. The rep/tech I spoke with was very nice and explained that they no longer carried the 1000+ and no longer repaired it either. Instead they offered me 2 options. They would replace the 1000+ with a 4300 at no charge or they offered me the 5100 at a mere charge of only $99.50 (a bargain if you consider the retail is $349 and street prices are about $200). I took them up on the 5100 offer. All I was required to do is cut 3-4 inches off the end of the power cord of the 1000+ and mail it to them within 30 days. The 5100 is being shipped out to me today. They also offered me any other lesser product at 50% off.

They were also very concerned about the equipment that the 1000+ was protecting. They wanted me to double check and make sure nothing else was harmed in any way.

So... kudos for Panamax!

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Good to hear Sonnie. I always like hearing about companies who actually stand behind their products and their name. Nice to hear it was the only thing damaged too! 8)

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Aeromos
      • Jun 2003

It's always great to hear of companies that back up their products. Especially ones that have been replaced by newer models.

I also had a chance to check out your site Sonnie. Great job on the dedicated HT room.

Aeromos
      Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
      My Collection
      Aeromos
      Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
      My Collection

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

Thanks Aeromos!

Wow... what an avatar... cool!

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"