X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CSMAB
    • Aug 2003

Rotel 1098 remote is controlling my NEC HT 1000

The remote for the 1098 is trying to control my NEC HT 1000 projector. My NEC is on standby mode until it receives a signal from the NEC remote to power on. For some reason every time I press a button on the Rotel remote the NEC is reading the signal and trying to interpret it. This is annoying since the NEC has a very audible click when it is trying to read the signal. It is usually one click followed by another after 15 seconds pass. One solution is to turn the main power off on the NEC to keep it from reading all signals. This is a pain since it is ceiling mounted and requires a ladder to complete the process. So basically I would have to climb up to turn it on for movies and climb up to turn it off for music listening. When the NEC is powered on to display a picture, the remote for the Rotel no longer confuses the NEC with the signals it sends. For the time being I have taped a piece of paper over the IR reader on the NEC to prevent it from receiving remote signals. Anyone have any experience or advice for me?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"