X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Brandon B
    And he's da MAN. The NSX has the lowest percentage of female registered owners of any car in the U.S.

In Japan, it's just a honda though.

BB
    Funny about that, huh? I mean, the gender registration thing... In some ways, it's a much more "feminine" car than a Corvette C5 or C6, for example. Much less a Viper! Very light touch, in spite of very low amount of electric power steering boost. Certainly doesn't require any "musceling" around.

I hear the S2000 is an Acura in some markets, but in the US, the Honda dealer organization screamed loud and long to get that model in their line up.

Buying these 6-9 year old items makes me feel a little like an Antiquities collector... but classics are classics!

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

Buying these 6-9 year old items makes me feel a little like an Antiquities collector... but classics are classics!
      Attaining your dreams is an ageless pursuit. Just think about how much these two prizes would have cost 9 years ago (new)! 8O

When you get the NSX home and registered/insured maybe we can get together and try out each other's cars for a trip around the block sometime soon. :T

I've always liked the NSX, but I've never driven in one so far. 8)

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Hi Dean,

Yes, we should get together after I get caught up with everything (well, maybe sooner than that- I think that's a never ending process- like the little mechanical bunnies in front of the greyhound dogs at the track?)

I've first got to address a few things with the car- new springs to bring the ride height up some (it's setup more like a track car right now, with lower stiffer springs and Bilsteins), and I determined the radiator fan control module seems to have gone south- only an issue in stop and go driving or idling while stopped.

Then, there's Singapore the first week of July, and a couple of other deadlines and travel to get out of the way. Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to turn around and summer will be gone? Of course, I'll have something to show for it... but at this rate, it definitely won't be a sun tan or a week or two vacation... my European colleagues working in this office are each taking 3 weeks, but they cover only a narrow segment of our products. There are other issues, too- cultural, and my finding myself with too many technical conference obligations.

Oh well- if you make your bed, you have to sleep in it, right? Then too, there's that gorgeous 10PG projector on the floor in my living room- probably need a weekend at least to set that up- since the 9PG works pretty well, the urgency isn't there yet on that topic! Wouldn't surprise me if the urgency doesn't arise until HD-DVD players are on the shelf...

~Jon
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Obi-Wan
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

Jon,

You might want to live with the car for a little while before swapping out the springs back to stock. If he is using progressive rate springs then the ride quality may not be compromised, and the car will handle MUCH better lowered.

Also I think that NSXs look MUCH better lowered, but you will have to contend with tall speed bumps and steep driveways.
          I dropped my car 1" and I really prefer the better look and feel of the car. But I used lowered coil caps so that the ride and suspension geometry wasn't compromised.

Here's hoping that you can find some time soon to enjoy both driving your new car, and get a chance to setup and revel in the 10PG's picture.

-Dean.

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Very reasonable comments about the suspension- but this one is a bit of a jiggle fest- the shocks are fine, but the springs aren't Eibach progressives, unfortunately- then there's the speed bumps I have to navigate to get to my garage- currently NOT navigable!

I do like the lowered look, but as I'm considering some aftermarket wheels and tires, going to 17" front and 18" rear. (the car is VERY low as is). Maybe GTR Competition, or one of their other models. Work Emotion CR's are pretty nice, too, but hard to get hold of. I'm a little parrticular about what I like in wheels. Then, maybe an NSX-R rear lip (replica, not JDM), and I need a new CD changer, too. This thing could turn into a real money pit without even trying!
            the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Obi-Wan
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

Yeah customizing a car is a gift and a curse. You'll end up pretty closely realizing the car of your dreams, but it unfortunately takes even more time and money.

I've been down that road before. As I have a long list of mods. Some cosmetic, and some performance. And now 4 years after I bought the car, and have been slowly tweaking it to match my personal tastes, it's pretty close to exactly how I want it (short of hitting the lottery).

Before I did most all of my modifications, I checked on the auto forums, reading through other owners posts who had made similar mods, and what they liked or disliked about the changes to the car. Seeing pictures really helps too.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"