Roger Rabbit Reminder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001
    • 2189

    #1

    Roger Rabbit Reminder

    For all you release-day bargain hunter weenies (like me) don't forget WFRR comes out tomorrow.

    BB
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001
    • 2189

    #2
    Bought and watched this. Watched it on the regular tube as my kid's sick and it wasn't a good night to pull down the BIG screen, so I can't comment on the video transfer. WIll comment on other aspects below.

    Some encouraging or dismaying features on this disk, depending how you look at it:

    Double disk set, disk 1 is labelled as "Family Friendly" has DD track only, is pan & scan, and has a minimum of extras.

    Disk 2 is labelled as "Enthusiast's disk", has widescreen 16:9 enhanced film, and has DD and DTS (both 5.1). It also had many more extras and background material.

    First thought - if the second disk is the "enthusiast's" version, why'd they cram all the extras on that one and thereby require more compression of the video? But, as I have not seen the video under circumstances to judge it yet, maybe I'm being prematurely critical.

    The audio was pretty nice, although I had it at a lower level than my usual "frighten the windows". The menus are pretty cool, with a lot of brand new animation, not stuff lifted out of the film. They are pretty long to the actual "make a choice" part, which might end up getting tiresome. Don't know if hitting menu again short cuts them or not.

    Watched a couple of the featurettes, and they are pretty well produced, with a lot of background and current interviews with the original cast and crew.

    All in all, first impression is if you are a fan of this movie, it's a very nicely done DVD.

    And in a pretty nice gesture to real fans, includes a coupon for $5 back if you have an older version of the DVD.

    BB

    Comment

    • John Holmes
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000
      • 2707

      #3
      Hmmmm, interest indeed. I agree with you about the extras. I'll have to pick this one up and check it out.




      "I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      • Chris D
        Who Framed Roger Rabbit Vista Series
        by Chris D
        P-p-p-p-p-p-p-lease watch this movie?

        Great flick. 15 years after the first release, this movie is re-released on DVD in the "Vista Series", with an excellent DVD transfer and new special features.

        This is a fantastic idea for a movie, mixing animation into real-world...
        28 October 2003, 01:58 Tuesday
      • BKSinAZ
        Getting 1080i with..rabbit ear antenna!
        by BKSinAZ
        I have not gotten my satellite tv installed yet and I am using some cheap rabbit ear antennas with my Sony SXRD. On a PBS channel, the television displays that I am getting 1080i. Is this possible via rabbit ears? Will this same station come in even more clearer once the satellite system is hooked up?...
        23 May 2006, 12:46 Tuesday
      • George Bellefontaine
        Are Extras More Important Than Picture Qaulity?
        by George Bellefontaine
        After getting a taste of Superbit dvds, I would gladly give up extras for quality. Now and then I am interested enough to view Special Features on dvds, but in many cases I don't find the time. In fact, I have probably a hundred or so titles of which I have never taken time to view the extras.And if...
        12 November 2001, 12:16 Monday
      • madmac
        DVD review: Rabbit hole
        by madmac
        Rabbit hole is an extremely powerful and emotional film about what a couple can and does go through as a result of the loss of a child. This film was up for a Grammy nomination I believe and I can see why. VERY powerful performances by all involved, especially Nicolle kidman.

        Both my...
        25 April 2011, 07:58 Monday
      • Foxman
        Rush releases a new Disk!
        by Foxman
        Yesterday Rush released a new disk called Snakes and Arrows. Snakes and Arrows represents Rush' first all new studio release since Vapor trails was released in 2002. Since 2002 Rush has released a greatest hits type of cd, a cd called Feedback which is a cover disk of songs that inspired them mostly...
        02 May 2007, 13:14 Wednesday
      • Loading...
      • No more items.
      Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"