Rush releases a new Disk!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Foxman
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 434

    #1

    Rush releases a new Disk!

    Yesterday Rush released a new disk called Snakes and Arrows. Snakes and Arrows represents Rush' first all new studio release since Vapor trails was released in 2002. Since 2002 Rush has released a greatest hits type of cd, a cd called Feedback which is a cover disk of songs that inspired them mostly from the 60's and features such songs as Summertime Blues. Also since 2002 they have released 3 concert video's that chronicle their long careers called Rush in Rio, R-30 and Replay x 3.

    I only recently purchased Vapor Trails and for me it was a refreshing return to it's harder rock roots rather than the post Signals sound that I never cared for which was more of a Punk/Pop type of sound for me and never worked. Presto was the best of these disks but yet I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it like I would have wanted too.

    On Snakes and Arrows they pick up where Vapor Trails leaves off in terms of effort. I must say that I haven’t warmed up to Vapor Trails in terms of overall blending of they music, but I really like the hard feel and the effort that they put into the music.

    Snakes and Arrows seems to be a more complete disk than Vapor Trails and flows better for me and still employees the hard feel and strong performances by its stars. Even a non Rush fan might enjoy this disk. Long gone are the shrill sounds of a much younger Getty Lee's voice and are now replaced with a much more mellow and in some ways maybe a soulful sounding Geddy.

    Overall I am cautiously optimistic about this disk. I have only spent a brief time listening, but from what I have gathered it is much closer to what I want in a Rush cd and in fact the first track "Far Cry" is very good IMO.

    I would encourage anyone to take this new disk for a test drive, and don't be afraid to crank it up as I think you will really appreciate the quality of the music with those hard hitting drums and bass strings shinning through on a nice sounding system.

    With all this said, it is far from what a Rush CD once was in 2112 or A Farewell to Kings, but it is light years better than Power Windows or Grace Under pressure (Sorry to those who enjoyed those cd's)

    Rush was a Prog Metal band that switched gears and lost a lot of fans and gained some new ones over the decades. This disk doesn’t find those Prog Metal fans scratching that itch, but were getting a bit closer. My hope is that Rush will eventually rekindle that Prog Metal type of desire and grace us with another Masterpiece sooner rather than later.


    IMO

    My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • David Meek
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 8934

    #2
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Deep Discount I go. . . . :T
    .

    David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

    Comment

    • Burke Strickland
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Sep 2001
      • 3159

      #3
      Snakes and Arrows represents Rush' first all new studio release since Vapor trails was released in 2002.
      So they weren't in any rush to do it, huh? :>)

      Burke

      What you DON'T say may be held against you...

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      • Foxman
        Rush fans R30 DVD to release on the 22nd
        by Foxman

        RUSH
        R30 - 30th Anniversary World Tour
        Filmed in Frankfurt September 24, 2004

        2 DVD Package &
        Deluxe Edition 2 DVD 2 CD


        We are pleased to announce the follow-up to 2003’s internationally successful and top selling RUSH DVD “RUSH...
        19 November 2005, 10:52 Saturday
      • Foxman
        Porcupine Tree, Blackfield & Rush fans
        by Foxman
        BIG news for Porcupine Tree, Blackfield and Rush fans.

        RUSH Guitarist To Guest On New PORCUPINE TREE Album
        - Dec. 10, 2006

        According to a posting on the RUSH fan site Power Windows, PORCUPINE TREE magazine Carbon Nation reports...
        09 January 2007, 16:50 Tuesday
      • GregoriusM
        Acer TravleMate Laptop - How do I create a restore disk?
        by GregoriusM
        I didn't realize that my laptop didn't come with a Windows XP disk, and I screwed it up, and had to pay my local computer dealer to get it restored.

        Apparently I was supposed to create a Restore Disk at the beginning..... I seem to remember that....... but I thought I had a proper XP...
        24 October 2006, 21:33 Tuesday
      • P-Dub
        Rush Hour 2
        by P-Dub
        We join our dynamic duo in Hong Kong for this sequal to the hit, what else but Rush Hour. James Carter, played by Chris Tucker, is on vacation and trying his best to get some mu shu. Our straight faced Inspecter Lee, Jackie Chan, is doing his best, but is working a case. Well it doesn't take long to...
        16 January 2002, 17:52 Wednesday
      • David Meek
        Rush's Presto Problem?
        by David Meek
        I recently picked up Rush's 1989 album titled Presto in its remastered release, and I am truly sorry it has taken me this long to discover this great album. Among all of my Rush discs it ranks second only to Moving Pictures. However, I have one problem with this recording - it has a serious lack of...
        16 October 2010, 12:50 Saturday
      • Loading...
      • No more items.
      Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"