X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Rush releases a new Disk!

Yesterday Rush released a new disk called Snakes and Arrows. Snakes and Arrows represents Rush' first all new studio release since Vapor trails was released in 2002. Since 2002 Rush has released a greatest hits type of cd, a cd called Feedback which is a cover disk of songs that inspired them mostly from the 60's and features such songs as Summertime Blues. Also since 2002 they have released 3 concert video's that chronicle their long careers called Rush in Rio, R-30 and Replay x 3.

I only recently purchased Vapor Trails and for me it was a refreshing return to it's harder rock roots rather than the post Signals sound that I never cared for which was more of a Punk/Pop type of sound for me and never worked. Presto was the best of these disks but yet I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it like I would have wanted too.

On Snakes and Arrows they pick up where Vapor Trails leaves off in terms of effort. I must say that I haven’t warmed up to Vapor Trails in terms of overall blending of they music, but I really like the hard feel and the effort that they put into the music.

Snakes and Arrows seems to be a more complete disk than Vapor Trails and flows better for me and still employees the hard feel and strong performances by its stars. Even a non Rush fan might enjoy this disk. Long gone are the shrill sounds of a much younger Getty Lee's voice and are now replaced with a much more mellow and in some ways maybe a soulful sounding Geddy.

Overall I am cautiously optimistic about this disk. I have only spent a brief time listening, but from what I have gathered it is much closer to what I want in a Rush cd and in fact the first track "Far Cry" is very good IMO.

I would encourage anyone to take this new disk for a test drive, and don't be afraid to crank it up as I think you will really appreciate the quality of the music with those hard hitting drums and bass strings shinning through on a nice sounding system.

With all this said, it is far from what a Rush CD once was in 2112 or A Farewell to Kings, but it is light years better than Power Windows or Grace Under pressure (Sorry to those who enjoyed those cd's)

Rush was a Prog Metal band that switched gears and lost a lot of fans and gained some new ones over the decades. This disk doesn’t find those Prog Metal fans scratching that itch, but were getting a bit closer. My hope is that Rush will eventually rekindle that Prog Metal type of desire and grace us with another Masterpiece sooner rather than later.

IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Deep Discount I go. . . . :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Snakes and Arrows represents Rush' first all new studio release since Vapor trails was released in 2002.
      So they weren't in any rush to do it, huh? :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"