• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Rizzoli and Isles Series

Rizzoli & Isles

In a state of depletion of theTV series that are left for me to watch and just for the fun of it, I decided to start spinning this detective/ crime series. This series revolves around two female main characters. Rizzoli (Tough butch) being a homicide detective and Isles (Girly girl) being the chief medical examiner. The two are best friends and their bond is strong and the their characters well developed. The problem with this series is that it's never sure of what it wants to be.........A serious crime drama or a chick flick about two woman in crime prevention. For example, in each episode there is a crime and the two of them work to solve it. However, in most cases I get the feeling that the crimes in this series are somewhat irrelevant and that it's more about their relationship and their families than the crime itself. At the end, the crimes are quickly (VERY) resolved and the endings are less about that and more about them and their families having fun at the end.

Now for us guys, that would be somewhat fine if the eye candy was there to keep us occupied but in my case, Rizzoli the tough one does absolutely nothing for me and in many cases, I'm completely turned off by that style of woman. Isles is Ok but also does not do anything for me. Therefore, I find myself watching this series for what it is rather than watching it for having something to look at.

This series would be an excellent choice for a couple to hunker down to after the kids are asleep and chill out. It would appeal to the masses and does not mostly get too edgy and dark like some other crime dramas do.

But for me........I'll give it a 6.5/10 for a simply ok, light hearted crime drama. I would NEVER bother to watch this on broadcast TV with commercials. Spinning it on DVD makes it an ok entertainment distraction.
    Dan Madden :T
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"