• Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Blue Bloods" series DVD

Blue bloods

I've just started spinning this series on DVD and it's very good! :T

This is a series about a family.....all involved in law enforcement, either as cops or in another field of crime enforcement in the NYC area. They are all very committed and somewhat noble in their cause......A little too noble actually! Sometimes it's a bit much to stomach! Tom Selleck stars in this series as the police commissioner and 'head' of the whole family and he is the most righteous and noble of them all. Despite this, many of the cops within the family bend the rules and fail to inform many of their 'perps' of their rights and interrogate them with reckless abandon and damn the consequences!

They all get together many times at the end of the day for a 'Walton's' style supper, complete with the saying of 'grace prayers' before they eat. These meals typically turn into some sort of righteous argument as to how law enforcement should be done and applied and some of them get ugly.

Tom Selleck REALLY shines in his role in this series and to be honest, as I'm watching it, I would actually hope he could be MY father he's so good and perfect!.

Deep into the first series, I'm going to give this an 8/10 for great acting, great writing and good, engaging episodes thoughout. :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Dan, I have not seen all that many episodes, for one reason or another, but the ones I have watched, there have been some good stories, and good acting. Tom Selleck is of course, a seasoned veteran actor in this role. I won't say it's quite the happy go lucky Tom Selleck we are used too, but a well played role. Those that saw him as Magnum PI, or as some other roles he's had along the way. Strangely though, he's not seemed to have had all that many regular roles. I guess Magnum PI filled his coffers pretty well. He's the patriarch of this family though, well there may be a Granddad older than him in it, I forget, you know to make Tom look younger. ha. But he is getting some age on him, a long way from Magnum PI days. Aren't we all though... Well, those of us that are older timers anyway!
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Just finished season 2 of "Blue Bloods" and I'm really enjoying it! Sadly, my library only has seasons 1 and 2 so I'll have to wait form them to get season 3 to continue watching. I believe this series is still on TV now?

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I believe so.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I watch it regularly. It and Chicago PD are my two favorite cop shows. Interesting characters, good story lines, and excellent acting by everyone involved in both shows.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Alaric
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

It's a regular for the wife here. I just don't watch much TV anymore , but it does remind me that Tom Selleck is actually a pretty good actor. He played the 'Magnum' role so well it was easy to forget he was acting.
            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
            Schiit Modi 3
            Marantz CD5005
            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Alaric
              It's a regular for the wife here. I just don't watch much TV anymore , but it does remind me that Tom Selleck is actually a pretty good actor. He played the 'Magnum' role so well it was easy to forget he was acting.
              Yes......Selleck does a fabulous job in this series. I just managed to score the complete 3rd season so I'm back into this series now and really enjoying it!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"