• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Republic of Doyle" TV Series

Republic of Doyle (DVD)

First off this is a Canadian TV series and BOY.......does it ever look like that! I don't know why we Canadian's can't get this stuff right.......but we can't. This series reeks Canadian in every way! The writing, script, story line's and overall acting are pretty bad. Not horrible but jezzus pieces.....not really that good either!

The video, although wide screen is obviously low-rez (WHY GUYS???......Is high rez That expensive still in this modern day and age??!!) and the audio (DD) is really NOT DD but just 2ch stereo posing as DD. GET IT TOGETHER CANADA !!?? :x

This series is about a private detective and his exploits and debauchery, all the while revolving around his family obligations and personal relationships. The series doesn't know whether it wants to be serious or funny (or stupid!) and that's always been a problem with Canadian productions honestly.

Now that being said, I am still watching this stuff because honestly.........I'm somewhat desperate for commercial free entertainment.........there's no hockey game on that night and.........it's pretty bad, but not sooooo bad that I can't watch it...........So I do !!

Some episodes are better than others and some.......are just awful !!

6/10 for quality Canadian entertainment.......ARGH........why can't we just do it right???!! WHY???8O
    Dan Madden :T
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"