X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

TV series "Monk" on DVD

The DVD box for this series states by the Chicago Tribune......"Fresh, exciting and utterly original"

Well, I don't know about that. If you've watched the series "Matlock" or "Columbo" etc you've seen this kinda' detective stuff before many times. The only difference really is this guy's got the most serious case of OCD compulsion I've ever seen and to be honest, it's a tad bit irritating. It reminds me of the movie "Rain Man" in many ways. To be honest, I didn't care for the film because I found the Autistic, compulsive man (Hoffman) too irritating to bare!. I find myself equally irritated watching this series. However, I am floored by his brilliance at the same time!!??. I dunno.......I'm on disc# 3 of the first season and I'm not really ready to poop out on it yet so we'll see.

Right now, I'm entertained enough to keep watching for awhile more but man.......I hope he gets a little better?????..........please???.
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It's one of my wife and I's favourite shows (we don't have too many shows that we like in common, but this one is among them). I'm a big fan of Tony Shaloub in everything I've seen him in, going back to the TV series Wings. He's hilarious as Tech Sgt. Chen in Galaxy Quest.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Sadly, I walked away from this show yesterday after watching a few more episodes. It was getting a little silly. I've gone back to the 5th and final season of "Chuck".
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"