X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Series "Homeland" on DVD

I'm in the process of spinning the series "Homeland" on DVD and I'm well into the first season and love it!. It's about the CIA counter terrorism unit working to find a POW that was captured and tortured by the Taliban and 'turned' by them into being a US operative. In this series, they are struggling to find this 'turned' solder before he and the Taliban carry out their mission.

Well acted, well written with very interesting charaters. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Claire Danes as the main CIA agent to keep your eyes busy! WHOA!

Well worth watching this series if your into this kind of thing! I loved the series "24" so this fits nicely into my genre of TV series watching pleasure!.

8/10 so far for pure, solid entertainment! :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

If I evaluate the series as a whole (so far I've seen the first two seasons--I have the third on my shelf but haven't made my way to it just yet), I'd go with 8-8.5/10. However, with Claire Danes, "it goes to 11" (apologies to Spinal Tap purists for not speaking of guitar amps ).

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

I started watching Homeland at the beginning of season 4 and subsequently watched season 5. Over the past three weeks I have been binge watching seasons 1,2 and 3. I thought I would stop after #3 having caught up, but no, I'm now most of the way through season 4 again and I intend to do season 5 as well. Watching the earlier seasons has definitely given me a different, and better, perspective on season 4. The release date for season 6 hasn't been announced - other than it will be during 2016 - but I'll definitely be there when it is.

Carrie Mathison (played by Claire Danes) is such a flawed individual, due mainly to her bipolar disorder, but she is also such a creative operative. The contrast between the various extremes of her personality makes for utterly compelling viewing.

Nigel.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I've enjoyed this one. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost what point I was at--we didn't seem to notice when a new season started, whether it was 3,4, or 5.

Since it's based on an Israeli TV show, I'm really curious what that one is like.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"