• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Brothers and Sisters" Season 5

Brothers and Sisters season 5 final

I thought for sure that I reviewed this series once before but I couldn't find it in the DVD Director history so here are my thoughts on the final 5th season that I just spun.

If anyone watched the series "30 something" this series is along the same lines except for one important difference. In this 5th series, the writers really push the gay agenda. You can't help but notice this while watching this series. For the record, I have no problem with gays and lesbians and have no problem with them having equal rights in society but this series really pushes the gay lifestyle right down your throat! It's constant! This whole gay pride thing happening nowadays irks me because I don't walk around being 'proud' that I'm heterosexual. I merely [B]AM[B] attracted to women. I don't need to go around being proud of it, and I don't see the reason why gays have to go around being proud of their sexual orientation either, but they do and in this 5th series, that is VERY apparent. It's possible that this is the very reason why this series tanked out at the 5th year. Considering that the majority of folks are straight in their sexual orientation, this series can wear on you and get a tad tiring. :roll:

That aside, I liked watching this whole series and all the characters and stories are well written and developed. There isn't a family dinner in this series that does not end up in an argument!! This is a very volatile family situation without a doubt! It's all about a large family and their spouses and all the trials and tribulations that go along with it. Sally Field is cast as the mother that holds it all together she does it very well.

I'll give this series an 8/10 for an entertaining journey. :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

This show lost me early on, with its political agenda and revisionist history. Vietnam protests were portrayed as level-headed and peaceful, repeatedly chanting, "We're not against the soldiers. We're against the war."

Nope. Sorry, people. You can't erase time and pretend an entire political movement didn't do the things it really did.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"