X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Blackthorn...the western isn't dead

Blackthorn is based on the premise that Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid did not die during a standoff with Bolivian troops. In Blackthorn, and told in flashback throughout the film, Sam Shepard ( Butch Cassidy ) escaped the standoff and under the name of James Blackthorn, became a horse rancher in a small Bolivian village. Now it's 1927 and Cassidy has had enough of Bolivia and wants to return to the US and meet up with the son that either he or Sundance fathered with Etta Place. But a meeting with a Spaniard robber leads to a lot more trouble than Cassidy ever wanted.

I enjoyed this take on what may have really happened to Butch and Sundance, and Sam Shepard does an excellent job as a grizzled aging Cassidy. The stark Bolivian scenery, coupled with some realistic action scenes, shows that the western isn't dead. So, western lovers, give this one a watch, or, like me, add it to your collection 'cause you'll want to watch it again. A big :T
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I remember the preview for this and wanting to see it. Glad to have it endorsed by a fan of westerns. Will definitely give this at least a rental.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Get it on Blu-ray if you can, Paul. The cinematography is breathtaking.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"