X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Express is worth your time

I love football movies so The Express was on my list for viewing and it was well worth the wait. It's the true story of football hero Ernie Davis who was the first black American to win the coveted Heisman Trophy. Unfortunately he never got the chance to play in the NFL because of a tragic illness. Though he was quiet by nature, he made his mark both on and off the field in the 60's as a man who made others, including his own coach, look differently at athletes of his color. I am not familiar with Rob Brown, who portrayed Ernie Davis, but I was impressed by his performance. Dennis Quaid is quite good, also, as the coach. I watched it on Blu-ray and the PQ was pretty good, though some may find it overly grainy. The sound had all the oomphs you'd expect in a football movie.

This is a well acted, inspirational film, well worth two hours of you time.

:T
    My Homepage!
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

I seen this one over the weekend. I'm with you on this one. Good movie! I'm a Dennis Quaid fan anyways. The pq is good on standard dvd's also. Too bad his pro career ended before it had a chance to start.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Agreed, a very good movie.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"