X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Miles Davis at Newport 1958

This is a 24 bit re-mastered recording, never before released in this country. 6 trackes on this CD, akin to something called "White Heat", rather than the sound of Kind of Blue. It's a nice CD with these songs and includes an introduction by Willis Connover

Ah-Leu-Cha
    Straight, No Chaser
    Fran-Dance
    Two Bass Hit
    bye Bye Blackbird
    The Theme

On this CD, recorded at the Newport Jazz Festival in Newport Rhode Island are Miles Davis, trumpet, Cannonball Adderley, alto Sax, John Coltrane Tenor Sax, , Bill evans on Piano, Paul Chambers on bass, and Jimmy Cobb on drums.

This CD is taken from the Complete Columbia Recordings 1955-1961. I saw this set when I purchased the Definitive Overview of Miles Great Columbia years. but the Complete set was 98.00! Ouch. vs, my 4 CD set at 36.99. Not only that, but as far as I could see, the expensive set hasn't been remastered. This CD has, in 24 bit splendor, and the Definitive Overview is 20 bit.

I give Miles at Newport :4:

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It sounds as if Miles has taken you to a new level.

I agree, the remaster seems like the best buy in many areas. Though if you are the collector type, the other set maybe the one that's worth something down the road. But, I would by the remaster!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"