X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

An inside joke?

From the useless information department,of which it will probably interest only me,but....
    One of my favorite movies of all time,actually it might be my favorite movie of all time is the ShawShank Redemption with Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins.
    Also in the movie was the very fine character actor Clancy Brown.
    In it he played the very vile and evil Captain Hadley.I have seen him in many roles and in most of them,as my son when he was young would say,"he's the bad guy".
    And as Captain Hadley he was a very,very bad guy.His vicious role as Hadley helped make the movie as powerful as it was.

So,this morning I wake up early and started to channel surf...and came upon the movie,the Guardian with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher.
    I had never seen the movie and it was halfway over,but just as I am about to click,out pops Clancy Brown.Then,I see his uniform...and his name tag says Hadley.Later,sure enough someone calls him Captain Hadley.

Anyway,I chuckle to myself...that after he served time for his crimes at Shawshank,he joined the Coast Guard.

Coincidence?...or inside joke?
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by H.Donald
    Coincidence?...or inside joke?
    Wow, I didn't pick up on that. Coincidence or inside joke ? Good question.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That is pretty interesting! I've not seen either film (I know, I know ShawShank is a must see. And I have every intent to. Somehow, I just keep not getting to it). But, I will make it a priorty.

Good catch, H.Donald!
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

This kind of stuff is almost always deliberate, particularly if the reference is to widely praised film.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ah, yes, "Shawshank" is definitely a must-see!
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

I still find it interesting how over-looked ShawShank has been.For me,as I said it is my all-time favorite.
            Recently,a friend of mine was recovering from surgery.I was going over my films to bring him and mentioned ShawShank.And he had never seen it...he called me a few days later to thank me for a truly fine film.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"