X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

RR-1050 remote, rattling inside.

Okay, I've been looking at this thing for about 2 days now (haven't done anything as it works fine and looks perfect).

But I have some piece of plastic inside the remote that rattles at the bottom of it whenever you pick the thing up. There's not physical damage to the outside of the remote (except those annoying scratches on the LCD that I'm not sure how they all got there) so I'm not sure how/when it started.

Does anyone know of any way to open it up and look and see what broke inside/get the piece out so it doesn't annoy me?!?!

I don't want to go about trying to dig it open when the thing still looks brand new and put a bunch of scratches on it. Just more curious as to what happened inside it.

Thanks!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've never successfully gotten one open. I know there's at least one screw, but it appears to be unserviceable without a new case.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Unfortunately, you can't open it without damaging the remote! I had the same problem couple of months ago and my remote eventually died. After replacing it, I started all over again. I don't remember where all the screws are, but there are several of them. Anyhow, even if you do reach all of them, you won't be able to remove the plastic cover without breaking it. This seems to be the only remote I know you can't open yourself.. :twisted:

Comment

• twitchie
        • Apr 2003

dropped it a few times eh? ;-)

There are 2 (or was it 4) screws under the 'sticker' face. My backlight doesn't work anymore, so I thought it was the broken led rattling around in mine, but as it turns out, it was a broken piece of plastic and not the led

You'll know if you got all the screws out, cause it opens easily once you have them - just don't pry too hard - the spots that don't open will let you know where the screws are - you mess up the faceplate permanently though

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I wish, as far as I've known it's never been dropped (I'm the only one that uses it). It has been lovingly tossed onto the couch when I first got it, but not since. I'm not sure when this happened.

I might try to open it up and see, but I might just leave it alone as it's not "that" annoying when the remote just sits there. ha ha.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Minivan
            • Jan 2005

Do any of you know how to turn of the 'beep' sound everytime you press a button on the remote?

cheers,

John
            ----------------------------------
            Rotel RSX-1056, B&W 805S front, HTM4S centre, DS8S surround, REL Q201E sub

Comment

• cfrahme52
              • Aug 2005

Slide open the cover on the bottom half of the remote.
              Along the lower set of buttons you'll find two "music notes graphic/CLONE."
              Toggle on/off for "chirp." Should get a confirmation icon in the window.

Comment

• Minivan
                • Jan 2005

I'll try that tonight. Cheers
                ----------------------------------
                Rotel RSX-1056, B&W 805S front, HTM4S centre, DS8S surround, REL Q201E sub

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"