X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Zodiac is David Fincher playing with our minds again

He shocked the living daylights out of me in Seven and he had me hooked all the way through 2 and a half hours of Zodiac. You will have to be a true crime lover to stick with this slow moving film, but the rewards are great if you do. Information is thrown at you like confetti and passes you before you get a chance to digest it all. This is a film worth owning just so you can go back to what you may have missed. Most here probably know that this is based on the book about the Zodiac killer who scared the hell out of everyone in the San Fransisco area during the late 60s early 70s and possibly even the 80s and 90s. No one knows for sure how many people the Zodiac killer murdered, or what went on inside the warped mind that made him do it, but letters and murders all stopped after the death of the chief suspect in the 90s.

Good cast here, including Robert Downey Jr., Jake Gyllenhaal, Anthony Edwards, and a superb performance by Mark Ruffalo as the true cop David Toschi who darn near ruined his life trying to catch the Zodiac killer. In fact, many who were involved in the Zodiac case didn't have to be murdered to be one of his victims.

A terrific film especially for true crime lovers.

A BIG :T
    My Homepage!
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Good review george, have put this on my radar.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks George. I was on the fence until I saw your post. It's in the Netflix queue now. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

When it's on 7-day rental, I'll be grabbing a copy to watch. How's the PQ? (gotta feed my new toy some candy every once in a while--candy meaning well done PQ, not just F/X and day-glo colours).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
          How's the PQ?
          It has sort of a purposely different look, but I quite liked it. However, your audio system won't get much of a workout with most sound coming from the fronts and only occasional rear and LFE.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
            • Aug 2001

Nice review, I enjoyed this movie. Loved Downey, Jr. especially!

Seven is one my my all-time favorites.

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

Thought the film was excellent. Some scenes that are absolutely chilling.
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"