X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Killer Projector Coming ?

There's a lot of talk that a new KILLER LCD projector will be introduced ( possibly by Panasonic) at the CEDIA show later this month. Rumor is it will be a contender to beat or meet the Sanyo 16:9 PLV70 in goodies and yet come in at under $2000 US. This could set the tone for a huge price break in future lcd projectors. I'll post more when I know more. But I sure am getting excited.

Now if only someone would introduce a 16:9 dlp at $2000 US.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Eagerly awaiting futher reports.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Wireless
      • Feb 2001

Would that be the Sony HS10?

John
      My HT Picts
      John
      My HT Picts

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

No, I don't think so, John. Though the HS 10 is supposed to be a price break-through, the actual price has yet to be announced. I have reason to believe the projector in question is Panasonic, but I guess we'll have to wait until after CEDIA.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

One person (who is claiming to have seen it side by side with the new Sanyo) is saying it is the Panasonic AE200 (update of the AE100). His claims have some inconsistencies though and are being picked at by a few of the knowledgable people at AVS.

On the one hand, it sounds a little good to be true. On the other hand, I just plopped $5K+ on my PJ, so given that the universe must conform to the Law of Constant Cruelty, there is certain to be a superior product out for 1/2 that within weeks.

BB

Comment

• Wireless
            • Feb 2001

Turns out the info was wrong. New projectors announced were the 200 & 300 with 856x480 and 960x540 resolution. The higher one seems to have MLA and contrast ratios are speced at 700:1 and 800:1 respectively. A bit of a let down after the false information that was shared.

John
            My HT Picts
            John
            My HT Picts

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"