X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Home alone - and not the movie!

So 'The Blonde' (my wife) is away visiting her Mother for a few days as we're spending Christmas with her sister in England. Ruining my credit card no doubt.

Anyway, I'm home alone and that calls for some of my favourites to broken out (read : the movies she hates!)

So, last night I watched one of my all time favourites : 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb' - to give it it's full title. Kubricks finest imo!

Next up was some early episodes of 'Yes Minister' a wonderful political satire from the BBC.

Tonight I've got 'Syriana' and 'Goodnight and Good Luck' to watch. A 'Clooneyfest' so to speak. I'm not sure about tomorrow night but I feel a western or two might be called for. Perhaps 'Liberty Valence' with Jimmy Stewart....

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

My wife LOVES Dr.Strangelove. It's anime stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Steamboy or Akira I have to wait for the mom visits to watch. Or Star Wars, which she does like, just not as often as I do.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

All the titles you mentioned, Vincent, are great films. If you like movies that make you think long after the credits fade, then you'll really like Syriana.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

It's one of many on my Netflix queue. (you know, I'll start a thread on that)
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"