X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Do You Watch Movies Alone In Your HT ?

I would say I watch movies alone about 75% of the time. My wife is not a big movie lover. She has many hobbies, especially in crafts, and this seems to keep her on the go. But the fact is, I kinda like watching stuff alone. That way I get to pick anything I want ( like the big noise-makers) and when wifey is out, I really crank things up. On the other 25% of the time, I watch films that we both like, and on some occasions I will even watch something I know I won't like. Guess that's the secret to a long married life, eh ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I rarely watch movies alone...usually either glenda, the dog or both are with me

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Oh, I forgot, Andrew. My cat often watches with me. But she leaves when there is too much subwoofer action. She almost jumped out of her skin the first time I played U571.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Most times I'm watching with my wife. There's the odd time where there's a movie I like but she doesn't, so I'll watch that alone. A perfect example is the Fellowship of the Ring, extended edition. I know my wife didn't really care for the original edition, so she didn't want to sit through the same movie with the extra 30min.

Sometimes I'm with friends as well.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Our dog will sit though just about anything and even barks when people fight on screen or if there's other dogs or cats around.

Comment

• Eduardo
            Moderator emeritus
            • Jun 2002

I'm a night owl so I watch a lot of late night movies during the weekends. But we also watch a lot of movies during the week. Not as much lately though.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Most of the time it's alone. Though my wife has come a long way and enjoys HT as much as I, she just dosen't have the same level of committment! 8) My kids join in once in awhile (13 and 5 yrs of age) but, it is the five yr old that will constantly have a request. She has the passion already! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

90% of the time, alone, other 10%, my daughter with me. Creates little argument for sweet spot. lol.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
                  • Aug 2000

Nope, most every movie is watched with my lovely wife by my side.

Occasionally, a cat or two will join us for some purring and attention too. But I rarely watch a movie alone.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
                  My HT Site

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Oh, 'bout 60% is alone. The rest is with Jen, Aaron, Katheryn or a combination of them. Cosmo or Travis (the dogs) will sometimes come visit, but generally don't stay too long.

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Brandon B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jun 2001

Every few weeks, my wife and kid are gone for an evening (usually at Disneyland), and I get to crank the system and watch something that the kid can't see or would wake him at the level I play it.

Otherwise, it's me and the family and sometimes neighbors.

BB

Comment

• Danbry39
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Sep 2002

Usually not, except when I'm really bored or watching something like Y tu Mama, Tambien.

Keith
                        Keith

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                          • Jan 2002

Hmmmm... I thought I would be in the minority here. Maybe not.

I watch most alone because Bug doesn't like it loud. She usually goes in the Study and shuts the door and puts on the headphones while listening to music on the puter.

She doesn't care for action movies much either.

Now, that may all be about to change since I've all of the sudden got a case of being inconsiderate to her when it comes to what DVD's I purchase. I've went hog wild buying more of her type of movies. So, she might actually start watching more movies with me, or maybe it's I might start watching more movies with her.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"