X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

M:i 3

Has anyone picked this up yet? I enjoyed it in the theater, but have not decided if I'll purchase. Mainly, I'm interested in how well the sound is mixed for the home setup...it's always an important factor
  • ahcryky
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by cobbpa
    Has anyone picked this up yet? I enjoyed it in the theater, but have not decided if I'll purchase. Mainly, I'm interested in how well the sound is mixed for the home setup...it's always an important factor
    It hasn't been released yet........... Monday Oct. 30th.

-jim

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I didnt think it was out yet as I will be picking it up. Ive heard decent things about it.
      B&W

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I was hoping that WSR would have something out on it, but no luck.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• cobbpa
          • Apr 2005

Ha...my mistake..correct, it's out tomorrow, Monday. Sorry if I caused any unwarranted trips to the store.

Comment

• saurabh
            • Feb 2005

The region 2 DVD got released last week, read the review here
            Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• DSGCobra
              • Feb 2003

picking it up after work today. never saw it so looking forward to it.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

I picked up the HD DVD version, and saw a great review on this title for the HDDVD PQ and SQ.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by saurabh
                  The region 2 DVD got released last week, read the review here
                  I wasn't impressed with MI 2 so I wasn't really going to buy MI3, but after reading the review posted by saurabh, it will take its place on my rack alongside 1 and 2.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Just finished watching it and really enjoyed it.
                    Glad I bought it, yet to see #1 though.. I saw the 10th anniv. copy on the shelf and thought "wow, 10 years all ready!?" Im a little behind there.
                    B&W

Comment

• Sithlord
                      • Aug 2004

Ok I just watched this last night with my brother-in-law and I must say it's one of the best sounding dvds I've heard this year. Very big soundstage and excellent bass not over done just very controlled and tight. The bridge sequence alone is the reason to buy this dvd I believe it will be your next reference scene to show off your system. The picture also is excellent on a 100" screen running a Sanyo Z4. IMO this is the best of the 3 Mission Impossible movies and I'm happy for this director to come back with another offering. Great stuff :T

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

I really enjoyed this one as well, definitely more than MI II, great PQ and SQ. I've it added to my rack to complete the sequence and it is well worth the investment, IMHO. 4.25 stars out of 5.

Sithlord, that is a great synopsis .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Sithlord
                          • Aug 2004

Thanks ops: . I've been waiting with anticipation for this one to come out on dvd as the sound at the movies was incredible. Is was everything I could have hoped for and more. I'm glad I got into HT ;x(

Here is a review of both the 2 disc set on DVD and the HD-DVD:

Cant wait until HD-DVD or Blueray get cheaper here in Australia.

Enjoy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2001

Oh, yeah, after watching this last night, I have to say this is the best of the bunch. It's a real nail biter... much more so that 1 and 2.

Anyone notice the gal playing Tom's love interest ? Her name is Michelle Monaghan and she bears a striking resemblance to Katie Holmes. Wonder if she was chosen for the role by Tom because of that very reason ?
                            My Homepage!

Comment

• Sponge
                              • May 2006

Picked it up last week...hope to watch it on the new HT this weekend! Sounds like I picked a good one thanks for the reviews guys.
                              Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

• saurabh
                                • Feb 2005

Saw it, I hadnt seen the earlier versions so didnt know what to expect, although I knew its an actions movie.

But having seen it, I would term it as a Tom Cruise starrer "James Bond" movie, with all those gizmos and action stunts.

The PQ was good but I was expecting something more from the surrounds, the LFE's were too high, although that doesnt make it better. The Surrounds could have been better though, the mixing wasnt the best of it.
                                Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                  • Sep 2001

MI:3 was the best of the Austin Powers series in my opinion. :>) (I also enjoyed the sly reference to the James Bond franchise when Ethan Hunt makes a martini at the party near the beginning of the movie.) The sound and picture quality on the DVD were quite good.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Vinny
                                    • Mar 2006

Finally got a chance to watch it this evening
                                    It was great up to two thirds of the movie...... then dived to the bottom
                                    Stopped it like 5times before I could finish it

Like most others had commented, PQ was great but the SQ was lacking.
                                    Pioneer KRP-500M
                                    Emotiva UMC-1
                                    Parasound 5125
                                    Oppo BDP-83
                                    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
                                    SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• KeithM
                                      • Oct 2005

my sister got this in the mail with some DVD of the month club and I think I'll have to open it and watch it before she comes and picks it up

Comment

• Chris D
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Dec 2000

Just ordered it on Blu-Ray. With Buy.com deals and the coupons that came with my Playstation 3, it came down to like $8 or something. I'll see what it's like when I get it.
                                        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Dec 2000

Watched it last night, and enjoyed it! Not a great movie, but I really liked it and rated it :4: out of :5: on Netflix. On Blu-Ray it was good quality, but still some grain, so not the best transfer.

Definitely better than 2, but it's been a while since I saw 1, so I can't say if it was the best of the trilogy or not.
                                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Dec 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                                            Oh, yeah, after watching this last night, I have to say this is the best of the bunch. It's a real nail biter... much more so that 1 and 2.

Anyone notice the gal playing Tom's love interest ? Her name is Michelle Monaghan and she bears a striking resemblance to Katie Holmes. Wonder if she was chosen for the role by Tom because of that very reason ?
                                            I would not be surprised at all, George. Listening to the director's commentary, Tom makes mention of Katy several times, remarking on one scene that it was shot the day he found out Katy was pregnant.

I also got the distinct impression that some of the movie plot was adapted by Cruise. Specifically, I noticed that the love story was more present here in III, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruise asked that that aspect be more prevalent in this one, because he was going through the phase of falling in love with Katy.

Me, I thought the leading girl looked like Meredith from "Grey's Anatomy", with darker hair.

Oh, yes, one more thing--I did think the SQ was very good, but they didn't use surround sound as much as they could have to really draw you into the film. I was paying specific attention to the SQ, and during scenes like the bridge attack, the surround use could have been much better.
                                            Last edited by Chris D; 01 January 2007, 20:57 Monday.
                                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"