X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Evanescence album Oct 2006!

I just went to the Evanescence homepage tonight for the heck of it, and they're saying that they're going to release a new album Oct 3rd! YAY! :banana:

I LOVE Amy Lee's voice, and I was worried that this group had fallen apart. I'm going into this album with very high expectations, as I'm sure many people are, so let's hope that they hold up!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

EVANESCENCE STEPS THROUGH "THE OPEN DOOR"
    Band's New Studio Album To Debut October 3

Los Angeles (April 26, 2006) -- Following the multi-platinum, worldwide success of their major-label debut, Fallen, Evanescence is poised to build upon their respected position in the rock community with their sophomore effort, The Open Door, from Wind-up Records in stores October 3, 2006.
    With what some call a meteoric rise to the top, Fallen brought the Little Rock, Arkansas band to global success with 14 million records in the hands of fans worldwide, two Top 10 singles, "My Immortal" and "Bring Me To Life," two Grammy® Awards in 2003 (Best New Artist and Best Hard Rock Performance for "Bring Me To Life"). Fallen spent over one hundred weeks on Billboard Magazine's Top 200 chart, was certified gold or platinum in over 35 countries Worldwide, and supported sold-out arenas globally.

The Open Door was recorded in Los Angeles at The Record Plant in early 2006 and mixed at the venerable Ocean Way Studios in March 2006. It includes the return of long-time friend and producer Dave Fortman (Mudvayne, Bif Naked). The new album is an ideal showcase for the band's inevitable personal and professional growth, with songs of introspection, longing, doubt, self-respect and ultimately, empowerment and anticipation. Several songs include a choir, as well as strings recorded in an old chapel. The album is defined by Amy Lee's beautiful melodies, profound lyrics, stunning vocals and poignant piano, which fuse with Terry Balsamo's urgent, yet intricate guitar playing, to form a remarkable, ethereal blend perfectly rooted in the band's rock and classical sensibilities.

"The making of this record has been really intense, but I've come out feeling purified," shared Lee. "I've grown so much since 'Fallen,' and Terry is the perfect writing partner -- I feel like I've been lifted up to a whole new level of inspiration and possibilities. After all the things we've seen over the past couple of years, beautiful and tragic, in the end I'm really grateful. It has made us create music I could not be more in love with."

Evanescence is Amy Lee (vocals, piano), Terry Balsamo (guitar), John LeCompt (guitar), Will Boyd (bass) and Rocky Gray (drums). Formed in the late '90s, Evanescence released two EPs and their first full-length album, the much-sought-after Origin, which included "My Immortal," on their own before finding a home at Wind-up Records. Fallen, their major-label debut, was released in April 2003 to critical and commercial success and is certified 6x platinum. Anywhere But Home, their 2004 live DVD release, has sold over 1 million copies. For more information, please visit www.evanescence.com or www.winduprecords.com.

# # #

Dvora Vener Englefield
    B | W | R Public Relations
    (310) 248-6161
    dvener@bwr-la.com Kim Estlund
    B | W | R Public Relations
    (310) 248-6127
    kestlund@bwr-la.com
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

YEAH BABY!!!! :dancenana: This is a complete "must have" for me.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• fordster
      • Feb 2005

I must get round to buying the first album at some point. A fried gave me a copy (in MP3 format) that I've listened to a few times on my MP3 player and enjoyed. I'm one of those people that will copy somebody elses music and then if I like it I will buy the album. If not, I just delete it. Green Day's American Idiot is another one that I need to pick up.
      Dave

Comment

• Glen
        • Dec 2003

Good news. Hopefully their sound doesn't change too much since their song writter / guitarist from the first album left the band a long time ago.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I just stopped by their website again, and there's more new stuff. If you pre-order their album for a digital download, you can download one song NOW! There's also a place on their "audio" portion where you can preview one new song off the album. Sound pretty good! I noticed some more vocal backups for Amy Lee than the last album.

Can't wait for it to come out.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• ahcryky
            • Feb 2006

The new single, "Call me when you're sober" has already hit the radio and the video for the song premiered on MTV Monday. It will be interesting to see what this album is like since Amy has said that this is the kind of music she wanted to make. Amy is the only mainstay since the early days of Evanescence, so this is her band. She is an amazing artist and I'm sure the new album won't disappoint.

-jim

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

I definitely like Call me when you're sober, it's a great song, I love her voice!

I almost have it on repeat on my mp3 player. lol
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Buwahahahaha!!! (quoting Dogbert) I like it! :dancenana:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

About a week away now!
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• parboy
                    • Sep 2006

Picked it up this morning. From the few tracks I was able to listen to between the store and work, it's very good! Amy's voice is just amazing! I actually had the pleasure to meet and hang out with the drummer, Rocky Gray, at a car/audio show last year. He's married to a friend of mine's sister. Very nice guy.
                    Brian D.

Comment

• gross30
                      • Jun 2005

:T I also picked the new cd up this morning. First thoughts are this is a very listenable work. I have to give it a few more listens, but I like it. I think I will enjoy it.

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Well, I'm still in a (VERY) foreign country without access to civilization, so I can't get it here right away. I asked my wife to pick it up and send it out to me.

Amy Lee's voice is amazing, I'm just wondering if this album will be like many other "sequels" where it's pretty good music, but nothing that really GRABS you and hooks you, like "My Immortal Beloved" and "Going Under" from the 1st album. We'll see.

Brian D, I see that you're from Little Rock. That's where your connection to the group is, right?

I think it would be cool to hear Amy sing in person, just for her singing abilities, regardless of what she sang. She'd probably be a kick a$$ opera singer too, among other things.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• parboy
                          • Sep 2006

Yeah Chris, im in Little Rock. The band has a pretty big following here. I saw them in concert here a couple years ago. It was the last stop on their very long tour schedule. They played with Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, and Seether. 4 hour concert and it was worth the hearing loss later Amy's voice is even better live than on cd. Pick up the Anywhere but home disc if you haven't already. It's got a dvd of their live concert in Paris and a cd of the same.
                          Brian D.

Comment

• fordster
                            • Feb 2005

Bought the new CD just over a week ago now and I've got to say I love it. Overall I prefer it to Fallen and particularly love Lithium and Snow White Queen. Fallen probably has more stand out songs (like Going Under, My Immortal, Bring Me To Life and Toruniquet) but the overall quality on Open Door is higher. The recording quality is better too (more polished). All in all, well worth buying.
                            Dave

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

I too have the Anywhere but Home CD/DVD. Brian, that's interesting that you saw them with Seether. Did you get to hear Amy and the guy from Seether sing "Broken" together? Wow... that's just an awesome song. I bought the Seether II album just for it. Hate the rest of the album, but love that song.
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• parboy
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, they did indeed perform the duet "broken" together. The concert I saw was their last stop on their very long tour. All the bands were cracking pranks on each other, trying to mess them up while they were playing. On one of the songs Amy plays the piano on, it rises up from below the stage and the lead singer from Seether is laying on top in a balerina costume and stays there the whole time she is playing. It was the most fun I've had at a concert in a long time.
                                Brian D.

Comment

• ahcryky
                                  • Feb 2006

If you like Evanescence you should check out projectlycan.com. He makes videos from movies with their songs, and other bands, but definitely click on the imaginary site for his Evanescence videos. Some really cool stuff. Evanescence music for me, especially this album, have that epic "cinematic" sound to them, like they should be movie soundtracks.... Tell me what you think.........

-jim

Comment

• fordster
                                    • Feb 2005

Is it just me or is the sound quality on the Anywhere but Home DVD (and CD) rubbish? The concert part (in both 5.1 and 2 channel) is awful yet the menus and videos are excellent. It sounds like the person doing the recording was sat miles away form the stage. It totally ruins the concert for me and I'm actually thinking of returning the DVD for a refund. Still enjoying the new album though.
                                    Dave

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

Yeah, Anywhere But Home was a disappointment. But you did get that little bit of new music, and it grew on me just a bit, appreciating some of the expressions they put in some of the music.
                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

Just picked up the new album and love it. It really puts the subs to use!! The clear ring of her voice with the hit you in the chest beat of the kick drum through the whole album really kicks ass IMO!
                                        Two thumbs way up!

Songs 8, 10, and 11 are three I really like so far.

I wouldnt mind a DVD-A or SACD version of this album
                                        B&W

Comment

• Chris D
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Dec 2000

Well now, if I can drag up an old thread here, I think I blindly just stumbled upon a new find! THIS PAST WEEK, another new Evanescence album got released!

I'll buy anything (and I have) with Amy Lee's voice on it, so I just made this one a blind purchase from Amazon. On it's way...

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2007

Sweet, it's already on Spotify too. They're a blind purchase for me as well but I'll give it a listen on there right now!
                                            -Chuck

Comment

• Chris D
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Dec 2000

Got it, gave it a reference listen tonight. Overall, very good! Not as good as "Fallen" (1st album) IMHO, but better than "Open Door". (2nd album) So far, my favorite track is the opening track, "What You Want". Amy Lee still brings the incomparable power vocals on every single track, and most songs are quite musical, actually.

IMHO, Evanescence has to make sure that they are making good songs too, not just "let's make goth/ethereal/deeply emotive stuff with little structural definition and Amy Lee singing her heart out". Good songs are what made "Fallen" so great, not just the power vocals and emotion. (despite the literal connotations of the name Evanescence) This album is improved over the second.

Good stuff on this album, and a good purchase. Think it will get some good time in my library, even though I don't think most of it will be 5-star favorite songs.
                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                • Nov 2004

I definitely like the new CD and Chris your comments hit it the nail right on the head!

Only real issue I have is the normal everyday brickwalling of the album...

I could make this SOUND sooo much better if they would let me master albums! ha ha.
                                                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                                -Dan

Comment

Working...
                                                😀
                                                😂
                                                🥰
                                                😘
                                                🤢
                                                😎
                                                😞
                                                😡
                                                👍
                                                👎
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"