X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlr
    • Feb 2005

DIY New England - Oct. 23rd

The date is now set to be Oct. 23rd. I'm updating this again to prevent confusion, rather than rely on the edit below and the date in the title.

Information on location can be found here.

I haven't updated it yet for this year, but not much changes other than the systems that may be brought.

If you decide to attend or think you're likely to, please send me an email so that I can get something of an idea of how many may attend.

dlr

Edit:

I've received a fair amount of feedback. As it is, there is a single Saturday that no one so far has said is a problem, so that will be the date.

I've made note of what will be there if that info was supplied and will add a page with that info. If anyone planning to attend has more info that they'd like included, please send me an email (don't rely on the message boards, please).
    Last edited by dlr; 01 September 2010, 08:19 Wednesday. Reason: Date now set
    Dave's Speaker Pages
  • mazurek
    • Mar 2006

I can't make the weekend of the 9th, but I can probably make another weekend in October. I might be able to bring my audiophile wife too. Don't take that as a vote to reschedule, just keep us posted if and when the exact date is pinned down.

I would probably bring the same all active system you saw 2 years ago with some cabinet, electronic and drive upgrades. Since then, I've moved to Scanspeak BE tweeters, and may have new bass bins with 2xAE TD12H each.

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2007

I work every weekend in Oct. I'll see if I can make some sort of arrangements.
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• john trials
        • Mar 2009

As long as it's not Oct 16th, I plan on being there.
        Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

• BeerParty
          • Oct 2008

Oct 23rd? I am planning on being there.

[Edit, not the 9th]
          Last edited by BeerParty; 01 September 2010, 09:59 Wednesday. Reason: Wrong date
          Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
          My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• dlr
            • Feb 2005

DIY NE - One week to go

This one is shaping up to be very interesting. We'll have several systems coming in, Ruinations, New Horizons, Beasties, Avia Trix, Statement Monitors, John K's new NaO Note and maybe others if some come who have not declared.

I'll have my Chameleons again and a 3-way dipole in progress. The latter has been set up initially using the Ultimate System Linearizer in SE V17 and more recently the Ultimate Equalizer recently released by Bohdan.

On that last one, we'll have a demonstration of the new Ultimate Equalizer by John K. I've used it with measurements I made using LAUD, John will demonstrate the full capabilities including measurement. Folks, it doesn't get much easier than this.

The living room carpet has been professionally cleaned today, there's a new hot water heater in the basement just today, and the basement is now dry.

"I can't hardly wait.".

dlr
            Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• BeerParty
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dlr
              On that last one, we'll have a demonstration of the new Ultimate Equalizer by John K. I've used it with measurements I made using LAUD, John will demonstrate the full capabilities including measurement.
              This is going to be a party to remember, I am sure!

I'm counting the days... ;h
              Chris

My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• mazurek
                • Mar 2006

Sorry, I didn't email you until now. I'd like to bring a three way if you have space for me.

Comment

• BeerParty
                  • Oct 2008

I had a great time, sorry I had to leave early.

I am looking forward to the pictures and peoples impressions. There were some very nice speakers there this year. :T
                  Chris

My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• dlr
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BeerParty
                    I had a great time, sorry I had to leave early.

I am looking forward to the pictures and peoples impressions. There were some very nice speakers there this year. :T
                    It was one very busy day, but I certainly enjoyed it. As usual, my time for listening was limited, so I'm reluctant to try to give much detail on how things sounded as I was in and out and seldom in a good spot (sitting on the floor for most systems just isn't the right place!). I also wish I had more time to stay in the discussions rather than pop in and out of them as well.

Thanks for attending again. We had a better range of systems this year. A couple of guys took pictures for me since my wife had my camera. I started going through them last night for a new page at my DIYNE site. I'll post when I get that up, but it may even be a few more days as I'm on a volleyball league in the evening a couple of nights a week.

Dave
                    Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• dlr
                      • Feb 2005

DIY NE photos

This is late, but I've got a couple of pages of photos from DIY NE taken by Jay and Carl who were kind enough to give me a copies to put up. My thanks to Jay and Carl for these.

DIY NE photos

Dave
                      Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• SpeakerGuy
                        • Mar 2010

Awesome, thanks! Now who's got review writeups of the speakers?

Comment

• exojam
                          • Dec 2006

Man, either the Aviatrix are small or Chris is one big ol boy.

James

Comment

• BeerParty
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by exojam
                            Man, either the Aviatrix are small or Chris is one big ol boy.
                            Hey, I heard that! :B
                            Chris

My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• BeerParty
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SpeakerGuy
                              Awesome, thanks! Now who's got review writeups of the speakers?
                              mzisserson and Brewski already did a write-up over in the Parts Express forum:
                              Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation
                              Chris

My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• exojam
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BeerParty
                                Hey, I heard that! :B

Chris,

I do not mean big around, I would not say that since I am a weeble-wobble! You just make that speaker look little.

James

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"