X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

2 Fast & 2 Furious due Sept 30th

I actually just went to a drive-in movie with a group of Corvettes and Firebirds to see 2F&2F and laugh. :grin:

It certainly would have been a waste of money in a real theater ( or taking the movie seriously). But it was fun to see it amongst American iron fans.

The driving scenes were less realistic than in the Matrix Reloaded, with an AWD Evo VII driving backwards at 100MPH on the freeway, and still was beating the SRT-10 Viper, Yenko Camaro, and a Cuda.

And the use of N20, Sorry...NAAAWWWWSS was as good as engaging trans-warp drive in any space movie. The driver gets thrown back in his seat and everything blurs like a bad acid trip.

It was essentaially a CGI video game, with it's own twisted reality, and the more that you know about cars, the goofier that the movie sounds.

Paul Walker has obviously graduated from the Keanu Reeves Dude School of Acting, and everything else plays out like a warped Miami Vice rerun.

And it was funny to see the real performance of the actual cars, when tested by Sport Compact Magazine.
    That cool Skyline was actually stock (just like you would buy it from Motorex for $95,000 with 280 HP, running a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile. DUDE!

18-nothing, this movie was shooting straight for 12 year-old Playstation addicts who take this movie as gospel.

The yellow SRT-10 Viper was a bit-player in this film, but at least it didn't meet the nasty end of the poor Mustang or Corvette. Or the 300 demolished police cruisers, finally repaired from their crashes in the Blues Brothers movie.

Universal should be releasing this action-fantasy film on DVD this coming September 30th. It's definitely worth a rental for the laughs alone.

-Dean.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I wasn't all that keen on the first installment. However, as you say, it will probably be worth the rental for a few laughs. These two flicks, though, are probably eye candy for all the car lovers here.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

I believe having a street date this quick, tells you the whole story!

I'll wait for the DVD thanks

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Clive, gotta agree with you on that, but one recent exception IMO was Tears Of The Sun. I think I'll be passing on 2F2F (pun intended).
        :driver:

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"