X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Placed my order Monday.

Well.. My avitar will soon be out of date. All my Rotel stuff was sold by new years and I placed my new order on Monday.

RSP-1098
    RMB-1095
    RMB-1066
    RDV-1040

Had the rackshelves for the 1095 and 1066 from the last system, 1098 rackshelf is on its way, and middleatlantic doesn't have a measurement on the 1040 yet.. I've either got to send them the unit, or trust my measurements. Might check and see if any other Rotel products have the same dimensions and just order a shelf for it. I know the RSP-1066 and RMB-1066 have the same cutout so I might get lucky.

I'll post pics when it all arrives.

Kevin D.
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Congratulations and good luck....
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Lucky guy!

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

That a nice list of equipment Kevin D. Congratulations and keep up posted.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

So you sold your 1095 to get another 1095, or did you have the 1075 before :?:

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

You lucky bastard 8O

Congrats

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• skipm
              • Jun 2003

Kevin-

That's some impressive rack augmentation you're talking about! You already had one of the nicest racks that I've ever seen... I mean, equipment racks... I mean, for a guy. Oh hell, never mind. ops:

Congrats again,

-Skip

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Will: This will actually be my third 1095.. I'm getting pretty good at putting it 8' up the wall without breaking things. First one I ripped half my wood trim off. I work for a Rotel dealer and can buy one system each year. It's a good enough deal that I can usually upgrade each year at no cost (just a month or two without a system and the hassle of selling everything). I haven't put any 'new' money in Rotel stuff since I purchased my first 1095 and a RSP-985. That said it's still stupidly expensive..

Skip: Thanks...I guess.. I'm starting to wonder if Middle Atlantic is publicly traded or not, I might need to invest. My first rack was 29 spaces. It was a full out rack bolted to the studs.. When I found out I could have just purchased really cheap rackrail and bolted that to the studs I went with the current 45 space rack.

As my system grew way beyond what I was expecting, I ran out of room again.. I just finished putting a 12" deep 15 space rack bolted to the wall INSIDE the closet. That's going to hold my new Dish 811 HD sat and 5 Rane equalizers that I practically stole on Ebay. (plus room for future stuff). Downside to that is my .5M interconnects aren't long enough to get to the EQ's and I need twice as many! Needless to say my new system might go unused for a while untill I can afford 7 pairs of decent interconnects..

Anyways, I'm rambling now.. I let everyone know when I update my theater pics.

Kevin D.

Comment

• skipm
                  • Jun 2003

Kevin-

Ever since you mentioned it in an earlier post, I've been toying with the idea myself of just buying the MA rails and bolting them directly to the studs. Did you do the rough opening yourself or use a carpenter? I believe the width is 18 1/4" correct? Also, are you using the standard MA shelves? I bet not since I think they are only about 15" deep and Rotel equipment is a few inches deeper.

-Skip

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Did you do the rough opening yourself or use a carpenter? I believe the width is 18 1/4" correct?
                    Something like that. Racks will blow your mind. It kills me that the 90lb 1095 is being held 8' in the air by 4 10/32" screws.. Actually, only two will hold it, the other two are just in case. Add that in with the whole 300lb+ rack system being held up by 6 1/4" lag screws it just boggles the mind.

If you wind up trimming the rack in wood molding, the spacing on the studs aren't that important. Mine's 1/2" off in some spots. Just make sure you put the two rails together with shipping blanks (unpainted metal blanks that don't have slotted holes, so one at the top and one at the bottom locks the rails in place). Place the rails between the studs and use washers where needed. I've placed a few in a cabinet before, and there the width is important.

As far a a carpenter, the only thing I haven't done myself on the whole room is the sheetrock mudding (I did hang it). I'm not sure if my pics show it or not (I'll have to update the whole room I guess), but we added a few dividing walls, two 8' arches, and a whole sheetrock entertainment center for my 73" mitsu. I tried mudding a little bit of the entertainment center, but after that I knew I would kill myself before I would get the arches right.

Also, are you using the standard MA shelves? I bet not since I think they are only about 15" deep and Rotel equipment is a few inches deeper.
                    I'm using the RSH style rack shelves that include a custom cut faceplate to trim the equipment (although the 10 series Rotel makes it hard to get the look; the amps are flush across, but everything else has the center 1" back from the fins) With that style they include whatever depth tray is needed. Someone posted a site that had the shelves for about $99 each. Not a bad deal at all. If you want to go the MA route, I can get you a pretty good deal if you could buy all your shelves at once. Depending on the number, it could save you a lot.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"