X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Hills Have Eyes the remake

The remake has pretty much the same storyline as the original ( family stuck in the desert and attacked by strange beings) but with a little embellishment. What I didn't like about the remake was the excessive gore. Anyway, I just rented it to see how it compared to the original ( which I have in my collection ) and I'm satisfied that the original was the better.
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Isn't it surprising how often that is true?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I enjoyed the remake. Really didn't have a problem with the gore. Though, I was unaware, this was a remake. I'll have to rent the oringinal now.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by John Holmes
        Though, I was unaware, this was a remake. I'll have to rent the oringinal now.
        The original was released in 1977. It was written and directed by Wes Craven. I noticed his name in the credits on the remake but forget what his involvement was. Perhaps just credit for the original story. He didn't direct the remake. One of the interesting things about the original is that one of the main Hills characters ( James Whitworth, I believe ) plays the role without makeup. How you see him is actually how he looks.

Anchor bay released a special 2 disc edition in 2003 or 2004 with both a DD 5.1 and a DTS audio track.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"