X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Straw Dogs remake

Dear God, another remake. Anyway, the original Straw Dogs was directed by Sam Peckinpah and starred Dustin Hoffman. It was pretty violent and quite disturbing when I first saw it. But I like Peckinpah's work and got over the disturbing stuff. I have it in my dvd collection and have watched it several times. So the question is, will I want to see a remake of this ? I don't know just yet. I recall not wanting to see a remake of True Grit, then ended up buying the blu-ray and finding that I quite enjoyed it. So I guess I'll just wait and see.
    My Homepage!
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I'll be waiting for your review! I , too , cringe when a Peckinpah film is remade. There are several other directors and/or actors I feel made a particular film , and bemoan the lack of creativity in the film biz today. At least George Lucas is screwing up his own films and not trying to 'improve" Gone With The Wind". LOL.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Alaric
      At least George Lucas is screwing up his own films and not trying to 'improve" Gone With The Wind". LOL.
      Good one, Lee. :rofl:
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Alaric
        At least George Lucas is screwing up his own films and not trying to 'improve" Gone With The Wind". LOL.
        Wouldn't it be fun to see "Gone with the Wind" re-envisioned by Paul Weitz? NOT -- he'd probably have Rhet Buttler wearing a "Who F@rted" hat, and it certainly would not be kissing that he'd prescribe for Scarlett.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"