X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Hitcher... the remake

In the original 1984 release, we had a nasty Rutger Hauer as the tormentor and C. Thomas Howell as the tormented. Jennifer Jason Leigh played the girl who eventually sympathizes with Howell's plight and ends up paying a high price. This was pretty good for its time and I feel it should have been left alone.

So along comes the remake with a boy and girl I don't know and Sean Bean trying his hardest to be as sick and evil as Rutger. But he misses the mark, as does the entire film which twists things around as far as the tormented guy and girl goes. I won't say any more for those who want to compare the two releases, which is really the only reason I bothered to rent this. Now, for those who may not have seen the original, the remake doies have a few good moments, so you may enjoy it.

:15:

Note: something to look for. Notice how this sweet looking college girl, who probably never used a gun in her life, suddenly becomes an expert, a la Sigourney Weaver.
    My Homepage!
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Hello All,

Use your "free rental coupon" on the DVD. I thought it at least "ROCK" the system.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by june
      Hello All,

Use your "free rental coupon" on the DVD. I thought it at least "ROCK" the system.
      Sounds like good advice. As for the audio, yeah, not bad.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"