• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Boogeyman

Rented It.

Well, my jaw hit the floor during the first five minutes as I was floored by the ambiance, sound, and style. It went swiftly downhill from there.

A long and tiresome disjointed plot with recurring/predictable "jump" effects. The plot (if you'd call it that) is horrible. When you finally see the Boogeyman it's dissapointing.

Just another Hollywood failure (in my eyes atleast) that follows along the lines of The Ring, White Noise, etc. Not as bad as Alone in the Dark, but borderline on being even worth renting.

:25: out of :5: for the opening sequence.
    ~Nick
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
    :25: out of :5: for the opening sequence.
    Otherwise it's a :1: overall or a :2: ?
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

:25: out of :5: for the whole film (mainly due to my enthusiasm over the opening scene)

It's worth a rent even if you shut it off halfway through. That opening sequence just kicks @$$.

:demon:
      ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Well I just had to see for myself, so I rented it... nuff said...
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

:laughat:
          ~Nick

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I watched this last night. Even I (who can find positive in anything) disliked this film. What a mess.
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Jeez John, you have a bit more tolerance for movies than I do (and I definitely lean towards the accepting end of the spectrum), so that makes this one scary sounding.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by David Meek
                Jeez John, you have a bit more tolerance for movies than I do (and I definitely lean towards the accepting end of the spectrum), so that makes this one scary sounding.
                Yeah, so how do you think I felt?! :rofl: What scared me even more, a friend of mine saw it at the movies...then bought the DVD!!!

:huh: :huh: :nonod: Up till this point, I thought we were close. :lol:
                Last edited by John Holmes; 14 June 2005, 00:50 Tuesday.
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                  • Jan 2002

Jumpy no doubt... for some reason my daughter and niece liked it and watched it twice.

I was rather disappointed myself. I can't even muster up one star for it.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"