X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

attitude change toward HT

This last weekend we had some friends over for dinner to see our new house. We moved in July and are just now having people over. So he sees the speakers in the family room and says so this is you system. I talk about my audio system so they know I like music. Of course I will give them a demo after dinner. During the dinner she mentions that they like to go to movies because of the bigger than life sound you get in the theaters. They just don’t rent or watch movies at home can’t get into the movies that way.

So after dinner I suggest a small demo before they go, by this time it is already late. They heartily agree. I start with “Tomorrow Never Dies” the opening sequence. The first explosion happens and she turns to me with a debriefing look and said WOW. For the next ten minutes they are making comment and totally enjoying the movie. After wards he is asking about DVD players and both are totally into home theater.

It sure was fun to see the change of attitude towards watching movies at home.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Mark

Yep, it's always a blast initiating newbies into the world real of HT. The expression on their face is priceless

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Yeah, it's a blast to "blow away" new folks to HT. Many people have no concept of the experience.

I suppose a few more people have heard the demos at Best Buy and such on Blose speakers than in the past, but it's still an unexperienced world for most in terms of experiencing a home theater in the proper environment. (not jammed in at the showrooms)

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Markj,
        Congrats on casting our spell on new meat for the grinder:B It seemed in the spirit of Holloween:E

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Markj
          • Aug 2000

A Blast it was, they both almost jump off the couch with the first explosion. Boy I can hardly wait for the time when I can afford a FPTV. I am still in the grinder myself.

Comment

• MRWILLL
            • Aug 2000

I love blowing away the ones who have systems.

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
            STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"