Hey, what's up with ANOTHER new Fifth Element Superbit DVD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, what's up with ANOTHER new Fifth Element Superbit DVD?

What gives? I already have the Fifth Element in Superbit. (What A/V junkie doesn't?) Actually, I had to replace it a second time because somebody stole my first one.

Now I see that there's a brand new "Ultimate Edition Superbit" DVD out now. This is the first time a Superbit DVD has been re-released that I know of. It has the Superbit movie, but also has a second disc of extras. I wonder if the movie disc has been improved at all?

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Supposedly the picture is better.

I didn't upgrade my normal edition though. I know this will be a feature disc on Blu Ray so I'm going to wait it out. It would suck to replace it in a year.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Chris, I've gotta agree with Shane, give it a pass. You just know that this'll be one of the first to be released on a high-def disc - regardless of format.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Where'd you hear the picture was better? I heard it was the same transfer.

BB

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

Check out the dvdtalk review for more info: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13970
          My gear

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Yeah, after already buying TWO Superbits, I'm not about to buy a third. Matter of fact, I'm winding down my DVD purchases until Blu-Ray comes out, now that it's somewhat kinda-close.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• gostan
              • May 2003

I rented the original release (I believe non-super-bit). And I purchased the new Ultimate version. I do not know if the video transferr is the same at the original super-bit version, but the PQ, especially the colors and lack of artifacts are superb. The extras disc makes this purchase well worth-while. I could have purchased a used Super-bit for $11.99 and this new Ultimate version was picked up for $15.99. Good deal for me.
              Stan

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"