X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave999
    • Mar 2007

Fifth Element New Blu-Ray Version

I just watched the new release of the Fifth Element in Blu-ray from Sony and it was fantastic. Unlike the previous release, this one lives up to the quality of the DVD. The picture was generally crystal clear and sharp. The new audio formats also were an improvement over the already excellent DVD. This is one worth purchasing.
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Am i the only one who didnt like this movie?
    B&W

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yes, I've heard that this transfer is much better. Apparently, it's still not as good as it could be, but quite, quite good. I'm glad I waited on getting the original BD, and I'll pick this one up. As it is, I think this will be the 4th time buying this disc. (SD-DVD, Superbit, and then Ultimate Superbit or whatever that was)

While the movie's not the all-time best, I did think it was decent. There are parts of it that are quite good, a lot of them being Chris Rock and others Mila Jovovich. And of course, the Aria scene is a classic demo scene for HT bubbas.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
        Am i the only one who didnt like this movie?
        Nope. I didn't care too much for this movie either. I just bought the Superbit version cause I like opening scene to test out my system, and it was $9.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theater, but after owning the vhs, laserdisc, standard dvd and finally Superbit versions ( liked the PQ ) I have found that it sorta grew on me. Will I buy the hi-def version ? One of these days when I get off the fence.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

If you did buy the first release, Sony will actually exchange it for you (Yes the original was that bad).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
              If you did buy the first release, Sony will actually exchange it for you (Yes the original was that bad.
              Yeah, I got the free one that came with my Sony BDP-S1. Sent it back a week or so ago. New one is supposed to be shipped any day now. While this isn't the best movie ever made, I've watched it a number of times, and do enjoy it.
              Brad

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Kevin D
                If you did buy the first release, Sony will actually exchange it for you (Yes the original was that bad).

Kevin D.
                wow... I'm surprised I haven't heard this before. Big, surprising news!
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Chris D
                  a lot of them being Chris Rock and others Mila Jovovich. And of course, the Aria scene is a classic demo scene for HT bubbas.
                  Chris Tucker, not Rock and Mila....mmmmmmmmm :drool:
                  Jason

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

Thanks Sony!

Got my replacement copy in the mail a couple of days ago. Props to Sony for replacing all those early copies free of charge! Can't wait to watch the remastered version this weekend. Also includes a new 5.1 Dolby TrueHD track, in addition to Uncompressed PCM. Will have to flip back and forth to compare the two...
                    Brad

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"