X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Furious 7

Car chases with no consequences and suspension of belief required at the highest level is in order for this sequel. I am amazed at how much money it brought in over the weekend, $143 million :E

Personally, I could not get into this movie at all. I liked 5 and 6 I could handle, but 7 is not the number for me. Well over 2 hours, and only because of all the slow motion 360 shots, cut those out and they could have a move less than 90 minutes.

Save your money and wait for the video, rental, etc.

Furious that I'm not getting my $$ back, and used my second to last of my cheap movie ticket. The last one will be for Avengers.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Paul mad...

Smash things...
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I think it's a matter of giving the franchise fans what they want, coupled with the morbid curiosity of seeing how they coped with the Paul Walker situation. I've only seen the first one (got the boxed set as a gift from my dad, who knows I like car movies, though he's not even seen any of them) and maybe I'll get through the set in time to catch it at the cinema (if the rest prove entertaining enough). But I'm sure if I'd been an avid viewer of the series I'd be happy with the new one.

It's like the Halloween movie franchise or Friday the 13th or any number of other such series--fans are the intended audience, with the general public a bonus.

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

The Paul Walker situation did play on my mind a little, I really didn't notice the stand in. I guess those rabid fans will eat this one up, well they did with the box office results. I think I'll go review the 5th and 6th installment again just to see if they were any better.

So here's a scene, I really don't think it's spoiler worthy. We've got Dom, Vin Diesle, chasing down, Shaw, Jason Statham, and they get to a point where they are head to head ready for a game of chicken. I mentally noted that neither would swerve. Sure enough they both gun it and smash into each other. I would have much rather seen some fancy driving and drifting around with the an inevitable crash scene. So crashing into another car head on and they both walk out was just insane.

I guess I expected a bit more in terms of car chases and everything. The trailer for Mad Max was pretty crazy, but I'm sure they showed all the action scenes. In this day and age when you can see some real life driving, this series I think has run it's course. I think previously we could only see this kind of stuff in the movies, but when you have videos of Ken Block screaming around cities and warehouses, etc, you don't have to wade through some bad dialog and plot to get to the action.

As we are on our last cheap movie ticket, my wife has ordered some more. The cost has gone up a bit, but still cheaper than paying full price at the box office.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"