New Star Trek movie sure to be bittersweet--Anton Yelchin (Chekov) died yesterday

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

New Star Trek movie sure to be bittersweet--Anton Yelchin (Chekov) died yesterday

However one feels about the Trek revival on film (I've watched Trek since the fall of 1973, as a 6 year old, seen every episode and movie of every version of Trek--I'm a big fan of the new movies), any Star Trek fan (or fan of movies) has to be saddened at the news of Anton Yelchin's tragic death yesterday, owing to a freak accident (possibly caused by a defect in his car's transmission--his model of Jeep Grand Cherokee was subject to a recall for a problem about failing to put the transmission in Park). He was retrieving mail from his box and his vehicle rolled back down the steep driveway, pinning him against the wall. Friends, worried at his overdue lateness, showed up and found him already deceased.

I've enjoyed his portrayal of Chekov in the new Trek films and have read good things about his other performances (none of which I've seen outside Terminator Salvation--was pretty good in that otherwise disappointing entry in the franchise). By all accounts, he was well regarded for his acting skills. Seems especially unfair for a young man (27 years old) to die in such a senseless way.
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I have only seen one of the current revival of ST films, but I thought his performance was very good. As a very long time fan of the franchise, and as a fellow human being, this was very sad news.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah that is sad news, Definitely a freak accident and I hadn't even heard of it until I just read this post. Very sad to hear and I too felt he played the roll in the movies very well.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"