X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

Peter Jacksons Dambusters confirmed!!!

Hi all its just been reported on Australian TV that Peter Jackson will be making a Dam Busters film as his next project with a $50 million USD budget !
    Photography to carried out in New Zealand's Fijordland provence .
    Brendon
    PS cant wait hear to all those RR merlins roaring in DTS!
  • LikeCoiledSteel
    • May 2004

Hopefully he will keep it under 4 hours. I think that all of his films are way too long and drawn out. He does not know how to pace his films. I may be in the minority but I felt that way for LOTR and KK. Frightners was just awful.
    Steel

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Four hours of Dambusters? Bring it on! :dancenana:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by LikeCoiledSteel
        I may be in the minority but I felt that way for LOTR and KK. Frightners was just awful.
        Steel
        And I thought I was alone. Nothing wrong with a long movie, just keep me wanting to be there.

Kevin D.

Comment

• SteveCallas
          • Aug 2005

And I thought I was alone. Nothing wrong with a long movie, just keep me wanting to be there.
          Each morning I wake up regretting ever having watched his King Kong - add me to the list :B

Comment

• fauzigarib
            • Aug 2006

Really?!??!

Hey there,

I'm surprised! I can understand how people would not think that highly of LOTR (though I'm a HUUUUGE fan of the books and the movies both) because of the length, fantasy material, etc...

.. But Kong just rocked! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters, but I plugged it into my HT... Awesome... Especially the scene where he fights the dinosaurs and they fall off the cliff and get stuck in the webs (if i remember correctly)... Most involving, to put it mildly!

Just my two cents!

Fauzi

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

The original Dam Busters was a terrific film. One of those kind that has you holding onto the arms of your chair. I'm sure Mr. Jackson will do it justice in his remake. And like Tex Meek, 4 hours of Dam Busters would be right up my alley.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Just for continuity's sake I thought I'd link to the original thread about this subject. Like so many others it started off well but quickly sank into oblivion.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"